[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

by Demiliaxox

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

@katelyn_y Do you have any dishes on half-walls, many ladders in your house or did you check the shelves ?

Could you please provide your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 118 (1,278 Views)

Sims won't do dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC except Star Wars and Snowy
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? leave dirty plates around the house, Tell any sim to clean up or load the dishwasher.
What happens when the bug occurs? a. When I tell a sim to load the dishwasher they'll collect some of the dirty plates and then put the stack down on a table (they seem to prefer the dining tables, but now and then they also put them down on a coffee table). b. When I tell a sim to clean the dirty plates piled on a table they'll pick them up and immediately put them down.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to clean the dishes when told to, like they used to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 17 November 2020 hotfix (1.68.156)

Some of my sims will take the plate of the meal they just finished and put that in the dishwasher, but almost every time they will ignore all the dirty plates/glasses around them. Occasionally one of them will take some of the dirty plates and clean them as well, but I have not been able to find any way to force them do it persistently every time.

The maid completely ignores the dirty plates and won't even move them. Now and then I can click the dishwasher and the "load dishwasher" option is greyed out with "no dirty plates" even though there are lots all over the house.

EDIT: Suddenly got a different maid who managed to clean the plates. Still can't get my own sims to do it.

I don't have any half walls in the houses where I see this and they no longer put plates on shelves.

For whatever reason none of my sims complain about having dirty plates everywhere, almost like they've seized to be considered as dirty (which would explain why the maid doesn't even bother).

Tried with a couple different families in different saves, but I didn't have this issue before the hotfix. It was fixed a while ago, but the hotfix seem to have brought it back.

Message 52 of 118 (1,269 Views)

You need a random number of tries to make the sims wash the dishes

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? DLCS: Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry day stuff Mods: [storylsims] plaidshorts, [Trillyke]Underboob_Tattoos, PZC_High Waisted Summer Elegant Shorts With Belt
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ask a sim to wash the dishes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim gets the dish and drops it on the same place or another completely random place. If you ask them to wash the dishes repetedly they eventually will do it after walking the dishes all over the house. They will use a completely random sink to wash them and sometimes the dishwasher machine.
What do you expect to see? The sim takes the dish and any other dirty dishes to the dishwasher machine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

You need a random number of tries to make the sims do the dishes. And when they do it they will use any random sink of the house (and sometimes the washing machine).

This behavior is too similar to my roomie's. It would be nice to have the dishes washed at the first try.  

Message 53 of 118 (1,116 Views)

Sims keep putting dishes down

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All Game Packs, and All Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try making bonehilda or Sims do dishes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim keeps picking up dish and then putting it back down.
What do you expect to see? Sims to actually put dishes away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played in a while and i'm playing around with the paranormal pack inside a haunted house, and my Sims keep picking up dishes and then putting them back down. They do this 3 or 4 times before they actually start moving somewhere else, and sometimes they'll just move to another dish and compile those dishes together and i have to keep repeating the process of having my Sim keep picking up the dish until they finally start moving towards a sink tr a dishwasher. And when this bug happens it's almost always with dishes that i can't manually put in the sink or dishwasher myself.

This got rather annoying cause i have Bonehilda doing chores but just like my Sims, she will pick up a dish and put it back down without doing anything and move to another thing. I've realised this glitch also happens when Sims start cooking something on a board and i make them stop, Sims will keep putting down the cutting board when i try to make them put it away.

Message 54 of 118 (1,111 Views)

Re: Sims keep putting dishes down

Hero
@WizardJeremyArch Merged your thread.

Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-will-not-wash-dishes-Patch-1-63/m-p/9395695#M...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 118 (1,077 Views)

Sims won't wash laundry - pretend there's no available washing machine

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except kits, vampires, paranormal, star wars, Fitness accessories, garden accessories & cool kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your sim wash their laundry.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't take laundry to the washing machine. Washing machines won't wash the laundry because they think it's already clean even though it's dirty
What do you expect to see? Washing machines that work 10/10 times.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For as long as I can think, laundry day pack has been broken. The washing machine is very buggy.
Sims won't put laundry in the washing machine and it say "there's no available washing machine" but the machine is empty and they can reach it easily. In order to make it work again I need to delete the washing machine and buy a new one every time I want to make my sims wash their laundry. Sometimes they put the laundry in the washing machine but can't wash it because it says the laundry is already clean. But when I take the laundry out it is still dirty.

Message 56 of 118 (1,033 Views)

Sim picks up object but puts it back down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everyone of them apart from Throwback Fit kit and Country Kitchen kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play in live mode basically
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever the sims try to clean up, make food, craft, anything where sims pick up stuff
What do you expect to see? to actually clean up and make food and do some crafting
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I try to make the sims clean the dishes and they pick them up but then they put it back down, same with making food, they put down the cutting board and it's the same with trash.

Message 57 of 118 (1,002 Views)

Re: Sim picks up object but puts it back down

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iiCozyAnja Merging this with the current thread but do you have half walls or ladders in your home ?

For the food, do you have enough space for them to cook ? Here's some tips for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Sim-can-t-cook/m-p/6717060

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 118 (975 Views)

Sims wont throw away trash

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, pets, holiday, career
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I try to clean dishes up or throw trash away
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim picks them up , moves the dishes around/puts trash back down and the action is canceled.
What do you expect to see? My sim clean the dishes and take out the trash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

My other sim in the household will throw things away and clean dishes but my other sim won’t. I’ve tried debugging her and the objects, re buying trash cans and even removing some kitchen equipment. The paths to the trash cans (both nano and outdoor) are clear but she won’t do either. Her action gets canceled or she just puts the objects back down. 

Message 59 of 118 (942 Views)

Re: Sims wont throw away trash

Hero
@CourtneyReneeCub I merged your post with the current thread on this although it's interesting that you only have issues with one Sim.

Do you have any half-walls, ladders or shelves in your home that potentially have dirty dishes on them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 118 (916 Views)