[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

by Demiliaxox

Original Post

Re: Problem With Cleaning Dishes

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. and all the sinks and the dishwasher are free from objects. they just don't want to clean the dishes. 

Message 31 of 118 (1,167 Views)

Hero
@Stephanie024 @LiljrocXB1

As asked above, please send me your save to check

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 118 (1,161 Views)

★ Novice

Im having the same issues 

they can wash their hands but cant clean a dish

i have no cc .. just some mods but they are all updated

Message 33 of 118 (1,086 Views)

Re: Sims will not wash dishes

★★ Apprentice
Been having this issue for a couple of weeks and it seems to be getting worse. My Sims live in an apartment which has a half-wall side area (the 3 floor 1 in the fashion district), initially when Sims put dishes on this area they couldn't clean them, would just pick them up and put them down again, but if I moved the dishes they could clean them.

Now it happens with all dishes. Sometimes Sims will pick all dishes up but then put down the pile without cleaning,

It doesn't happen everytime but more often than not. With the dishes on the half-wall it always happens.

I've worked around it by dragging food to the bin, but this is frustrating as I have the bin that gives money and it no longer gives money if you drag stuff into it
Message 34 of 118 (1,029 Views)

Hero
@Lucybird87 Do you have issues other than with the half-walls ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 118 (996 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict yeah, the table as well. Not everytime with the table though.
Message 36 of 118 (973 Views)

Hero
@Lucybird87 Once something is on the half-wall, they can't clean anything.

So guess my question is: Do you get this issue even though there's nothing on any half-wall ?

(this thread is more general as there used to be an issue with shelves and I'm trying to find out if those are still bugged).

Half-walls have their own thread so if it's the half-walls that cause the issue for you (even if they can't clean anything else once you have something on the half-wall), I'll move this over to the half-wall thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 118 (939 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I'll try and test it out
Message 38 of 118 (898 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file with me, to help us investigate? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 118 (835 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick 

@crinrict

I'm experiencing this issue only occasionally (~50% of the time, maybe less?), would my save file be any good to you?

I'd need to do some testing on my save(s?) to find the households this is occurring in since I play rotationally and I haven't played for a while because of the major bugs with queued actions being overridden with NAP related activities and can't recall which households are having this particular issue. Also FYI I'm playing on Mac if that's relevant.

Message 40 of 118 (796 Views)