Re: [OPEN] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@adduapina There's currently two know issues that can cause this

- Dishes on half-walls
- Houses that have ladders only.

If you have neither and the dishes are still getting stuck on shelves, it would be good to have your saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 118 (895 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Sorry, I want to make sure I understand you correctly:

So if my sim won't clean up dishes from shelves in a house where there are no ladders or half walls, you'd like to see the save?
Message 42 of 118 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@adduapina I can't really speak for QA if they need your save in any case but the half wall and ladder are fairly easy to duplicate.

The one where they put stuff on shelves is supposed to be fixed so if they're still newly putting stuff there, I'd say yes, those are the interesting saves

@SimGuruNick would need to answer you though what EA QA wants/needs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 118 (841 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict I'll wait for @SimGuruNick to answer then. I have found the save and household where dishes are stuck on shelves w/o ladders and half-walls on the lot.
Message 44 of 118 (804 Views)

Hero
@adduapina Did they get stuck there before Patch 1.63 or after ? Just curious.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 118 (775 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictI am honestly not 100% sure but it's been going on for quite a while now.

//edit. Stumbled upon an old note I've made while cleaning and can confirm it was before 1.63 that I started experiencing this issue.

Message 46 of 118 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@adduapina there was a fix in that patch that's probably preventing Sims from newly putting them on shelves, so I'm basically curious, if the dishes on the shelves where newly put there (aka still happening) or where there before the patch was applied. A patch won't remove any dishes that are already on shelves but should prevent it from happening.

So if they were there before, it's probably more of a legacy issue than a bug still happening.

Basically the best thing to do is clean up all houses to see if there's still stuff on shelves and if so, manually remove them. Then see if Sims still put them there.

Hope I'm explaining that ok

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 118 (716 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yea, I think I got your point. Sounds like my issue might be there is in a played lot somewhere where there's a shelf where pre-fixing-patch dishes are hidden :D Must keep an eye out for that. Thanks!
Message 48 of 118 (686 Views)

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

★★ Novice

It wont matter where the dishes are placed. Sims just wont use the dishwasher. This have been happening since memorial times. Again, another bug that gets ignored patch after patch. My sims will always place the dishes in the counter or in the table, and they barely use the dishwasher. I wonder why that item exists in the game. Sometimes, a miracle occur and my sim will finish the plate and go directly to place it on the dishwasher. This happens probably 1% of the times. Sadly this is another bug to add to the pile that is making this game barely playable at this point.

Message 49 of 118 (644 Views)

Re: Sims 4 washing dishes bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This issue is still happening... my sims keep picking up dishes and putting them back down. There's dirty dishes gathering and nobody will do anything about it, not even the maid. There's an accessible dishwasher, sink, and trash can. 

Message 50 of 118 (560 Views)