Problem With Cleaning Dishes

by PrincessPres06

Original Post

Re: Sims won’t wash up

Hero
@amieloos Ah sorry. You can't

Does that mean it's just one floor or just that you have everything needed on one floor ? If it's more than one floor, there's an issue where they link to route to far away sinks. Maybe that's what the Sim is trying to do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 118 (1,299 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictI have several half walls and they put glasses on them all the time (got a few vampire friends that drink like 20 glasses of milk whenever they visit), which doesn't seem to be a problem. Haven't noticed anyone put plates on them, so not sure about that. But like I said, for me it's random. For the most part it works like it should - they'll collect plates and put them in the dishwasher when told, sometimes even autonomously. It's just occasionally it looks like it fails to route to sink/dishwasher.

EDIT: I got another weird issue in my mermaid's penthouse. When there are dirty plates on the kitchen island counter (it's regular counters, but part of the island), my sims won't autonomously collect them when gathering up all the other dirties. If I click the dishwasher and go "load dishwasher" it tells me there are no dirty dishes, but I can click these dishes and select "clean up" and my sim will collect them and put them in the dishwasher. It's even weirder because the dirty plates that end in this spot apparently don't count towards the environment - she never complains about the place being dirty, but she will if there's something dirty anywhere else in the room.

Don't know if it makes any difference that this part of the counter is underneath the pot rack.

Message 22 of 118 (1,360 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I have solved the issue 

Message 23 of 118 (1,322 Views)

★ Guide

This issue is driving me nuts. There is a ladder in the same room, but so is the sink - there should be no problem. Both are easily accessible. Sims will collect the dirty dish(es) and then place them back on the surface from which they were picked up. Second time around, they seem to succeed either if I direct them or autonomously. Just not the first time.

Message 24 of 118 (1,303 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’ve solved this for me. Make sure you don’t have any high up shelves or anything that Sims can not reach. 
I found a plate in a high up place on a shelving unit I had on the wall.

so far I have had no issues with ladders or stairs, just that with ladders sims can’t take Up or down rubbish and items. 

Message 25 of 118 (1,297 Views)

Hero
@amieloos Hm, that part was actually supposed to be fixed in the latest patch

Will need to do more self-testing on this issue.

Not sure if you said so, but is this a new save you started with the patch ? Could the dishes be there from before the eco patch ? I don't know how they fixed the shelves. Maybe they're not supposed to put them there anymore but if you already have them, you'll still get the bug

Threads for half-walls and ladders below

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Can-t-clean-dishes-trash-in-ladder-only-houses/td-...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-do-not-clean-plates-when-one-is-on-a-half-wal...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 118 (1,261 Views)

Problem With Cleaning Dishes

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know where to look.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansions, all the game packs, I have the backyard stuff, fitness stuff. laundry day stuff, Moschino stuff, My first pet stuff, Tiny Living, and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really don't know?
What happens when the bug occurs? When ever I try and clean up the dishes around the house he gathers them but then he puts it on the floor after he doesnt clean it
What do you expect to see? For my dishes to be clean
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I dont have any i did record it but it keeps happening i never have a problem until this starting happening a lot and it was really annoying 

Message 27 of 118 (1,495 Views)

Re: Problem With Cleaning Dishes

Hero
@PrincessPres06 Do you have ladders in your house or half walls ?

This usually happens if something is stuck on an inaccessible place.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 118 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@PrincessPres06  Do you possibly have cabinets over the sink? I've experienced this in homes with lower ceilings that have cabinets over the sink, somehow it blocks them from reaching the sink. Can your sim wash hands in the sink? Just to verify they can access the sink....If they can't, move any cabinets over the sink and see if they can reach the sink then.

Message 29 of 118 (1,394 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I literally have been having the same issue. My sims are so weird when it comes to dishes now. They'll glitch out, and spread their arms apart and drop the dishes. Or like of two sims try to collect dishes at the same time it'll glitch and they'll sit the pile of dishes any ol place. I also hate how sims will literally go all the way to the upstairs bathroom to clean dishes when I have a sink, and two dish washers right there in the darn kitchen...annoying!

Message 30 of 118 (1,369 Views)