Re: Sims won’t wash up

by amieloos

Original Post

Re: Sims will not wash dishes

Hero
@Demiliaxox Are you still having issues with this ? It does seem to be an issue in buildings with ladders only

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 118 (1,622 Views)

Sims won’t wash up

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 1.27
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the sim to eat food and leave dirty plates
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will pick up the plates and then put them down every time. They won’t wash them up or put hints in the trash
What do you expect to see? When the sims eat and leave dirty plates give me the option to wash up or the sim to wash up after eating or drinking
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded the eco life style expansion and I downloaded the update 1.27

there is a bug with dirty dishes, Sims won’t wash them up. You can to build mode and Manually put some in the trash but not the rest it just comes up red and neither the sim will put it in the trash or wash them up

Message 12 of 118 (1,865 Views)

Hero
@amieloos There's a couple issues with this still.

- Do you have half walls in your home that have dishes on it ?
- Do you only have ladders in your home or also stairs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 118 (1,827 Views)

★★★ Guide

This happens randomly for me, and I don't have the eco expansion. It's a really old bug (that was fixed) that seems to have resurfaced with the last updates. My sims will, at best, walk around and collect dirty dishes, only to put them down somewhere. Then if I repeatedly tell them to do the dishes, either by clicking on the dishwasher or the dirty dishes, they'll pick them up, usually move them to a different surface, and then put them down again. Sometimes I can manually drag a stack of dirty to the sink or trash can, but I have had issues where they cannot be picked up in live mode.

I have however found, if you leave the dirty dishes for a while (like maybe half an hour real time), suddenly they can wash them without any problems.

It is definitely not a persistent problem for me, but they seem to get more and more reluctant to clean up the more dishes you have lying around (which is just great after a dinner party).

Message 14 of 118 (1,807 Views)

Hero
@TheSteelRodent for me the shelves are fine now but the half-walls are still bugged. Do you have any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 118 (1,792 Views)

★ Guide

@amieloos 

Can you drag the dirty plates into the trash bin or sink? This will immediately clear the dirty plates and your sims does not need to wash them.

I have been doing this for quite awhile on pc. Hope this works on console too.

Message 16 of 118 (1,774 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, no I can’t drag them to the sink or to the trash, I can’t get rid of them on build mode either

Message 17 of 118 (1,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The dishes are all in one place in a table but they won’t move them from there now. I have all walks connected and I do have a couple of ladders on my lot.

why would ladders effect the dirty dishes ? 

Ami

Message 18 of 118 (1,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@amieloos Cause you can't carry them up/down the ladder leading to issues.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 118 (1,710 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It’s all on the ground floor, I’ve got bins inside and outside. How do I do that with a PS4 save?

Thank you Standard smile
Message 20 of 118 (1,695 Views)