Re: Sims will not wash dishes

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not wash dishes (Patch 1.63)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion and game packs except jungle adventure and spa day. The only stuff packs installed are laundry day, toddlers stuff and moschino stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. It appeared when I started playing eco living.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims won't do the dishes. They try picking them up then place them back down.
What do you expect to see? My sims should be doing their dishes rather than filling up the counters, shelves, and floor with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. My sims did do their dishes before I installed eco living.

As you can see in my screenshot, I have water so there is no reason why my sims cannot do their housework. This bug makes them darn right lazy.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 118 (10,886 Views)

Hero
@Demiliaxox There's a but that's supposed to be fixed but can you check if there's any dirty dishes on shelves or other unreachable areas and remove them by hand and see if it works then ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 118 (10,798 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict When I remove the dishes from shelves and ask my sims to wash them they just pick them up and place them back on the shelves. They will only wash one dish at a time but with a family of 4, it's pretty impossible to only have one dish at a time unless they do not eat together

Message 3 of 118 (10,778 Views)

Hero
@Demiliaxox Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 118 (10,757 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict ,

I have inboxed you my save as requested. Thank you for looking into this for me Standard smile

Message 5 of 118 (10,733 Views)

Hero
@Demiliaxox Thanks. Will take a look when I get a chance. Bit of a backlog :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 118 (10,723 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Demiliaxox I tested your save and I'm not having issues with them cleaning up multiple dishes.

Could you try repairing your game through origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 118 (10,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrictooh ok, how do I go about fixing via origin? 

Message 8 of 118 (10,664 Views)

Hero
@Demiliaxox

1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 118 (10,657 Views)

Hero
@Demiliaxox Did fixing the game help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 118 (10,627 Views)