Re: my sim won't wash dishes

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims wont throw away trash

★★★ Newbie

I do not. I've looked and clicked on everything and still can't find the problem. Maybe she's just bugged but I wish I could fix it because it's SUPER annoying.

Message 61 of 118 (765 Views)

Re: Sims wont throw away trash

Hero
@CourtneyReneeCub Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 118 (748 Views)

Bug: Dishes don't get washed or thrown away or put in dishwasher

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP03: 1.assets.ml-sp03.363
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, city living, get together, seasons, get famous, island living, discover uni, outdoor retreat, spa day, dine out, jungle adventure, strangerville, realm of magic, perfect patio, cool kitchen, backyard, holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As soon as you open my game, try cleaning the dishes in the restaurant. the dishwasher doesn't work. sim can't use the dishwasher (as if something was blocking it)
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing, the dishes get returned to the table
What do you expect to see? for the sim to throw it away, clean in the sink, wash in the dishwasher, or put it in the wait station
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. i bought perfect patio,spa day and get famous

I can't clean the dirty dishes at the restaurant i own or at home. the dishwasher doesn't work.

Message 63 of 118 (764 Views)

Re: Bug: Dishes don't get washed or thrown away or put in dishwasher

★★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem! They pick up the dishes as if they are going to put them away or wash them

but just put them back down. 
I have updated the game and even tried repairing it but nothing helped. And I have zero mods or CC 

Message 64 of 118 (734 Views)

my sim won't wash dishes

★★★ Newbie

okay so for some reason, my sim will not wash dishes. even when i prompt her to do it, it doesn't happen. every time i prompt her to clean up, she takes the dishes to the coffee table instead. how do i fix this?

Message 65 of 118 (716 Views)

Re: my sim won't wash dishes

Hero
@anxietyisms I merged your post with the bug report.

Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-will-not-wash-dishes-Patch-1-63/m-p/9395695#M...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 118 (672 Views)

Bug: Won't clean up dishes anymore

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all expansions, game packs, and stuff packs except for everything except Dream Home Decorator & Journey to Bantuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the sim eat and set the dishes down on a surface.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not clean up dishes after they have been put down on a surface. It doesn't matter if it's a table, desk, or counter. I have to clean every single dish up myself. Cups too.
What do you expect to see? Sim should be able to use the dishwasher, sinks, or trash cans to dispose of dishes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this after installing Cottage Living.

I have attempted replacing all trash cans, changing trash can types, and using the reset object (debug) option on the tables, trashcans, sims, etc. no luck. 

Message 67 of 118 (754 Views)

Re: Bug: Won't clean up dishes anymore

Hero
@Fairladyz1731 There's several issue for this so a few questions

- Do you have any dishes already on half-walls or shelves ?
- What does the Sim do when you order him to clean something up ? Route fail ? Pick up and place back down ? Option is missing ?
- Do you have any ladders in your home ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 118 (749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Here is a video

I thought I filled everything up, but it loos like they put dishes on the dog leash thing. I have 2 statues and a cookie jar. the game wouldn't let me put anymore objects up there so I figured it was safe. I just filled it again and am trying again. 

[Posts edited by CM]

Message 69 of 118 (748 Views)

Hero
@Fairladyz1731 The video didn't attach. Maybe upload to youtube and link.

Does it work if you remove the dishes there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 118 (685 Views)