by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims will not put toddlers down

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except the Star Wars pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick up a toddler and try to put them back down.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will not put the toddler down anywhere. A thought bubble with an exclamation point pops up like there's no room.
What do you expect to see? The Sim put the toddler down when asked to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Making the game almost unusable because I can't get the kid and parent separated. Not sure when it started exactly because I've just now started interacting with toddlers in my game.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 37 (5,447 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Sims will not put toddlers down

Hero (Retired)
@BlackGoddess47 Does it do this every time the toddler is picked up, or is this the first time it's happened and now they are stuck?

You can try going in to build mode and moving furniture on top of them to reset them without cheats, or if there is another sim on the lot try traveling away with that sim and then send them back to the lot to see if the sims are separate.
Message 2 of 37 (5,423 Views)

Sim forgets about toddler while holding and can't put the toddler down.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? N/A - Since from the console post it is clearly a base-game issue.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game. It happens on consoles too: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-will-not-put-toddlers-down/m-p/9792703#M166357
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim picks up a toddler, forgets they exist, can't put them down.
What do you expect to see? Pick up the toddler normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My toddler had just aged up from a baby and somehow during that process the mother forgot the toddler existed while picking her up for the first time.

Here is a video of the event and the pretty funny stuff she does with the toddler still in her arms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyF5QAgV8r4

Reloading the game makes it go back to normal (since the game resets itself for some reason, I guess bugs like this are the reason they made that decision)

Message 3 of 37 (5,368 Views)

Re: Sim forgets about toddler while holding and can't put the toddler down.

Hero
@KatastrophicSim There's no need for separate thread for console and PC anymore unless it's a more technical issues or has to do with controls.

I'm merging your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 37 (5,347 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Yeah, I didn't know how to do that so thanks.

UPDATE: After checking the save, reloading may fix the holding issue however the sim still doesn't know who her own daughter is, can't interact with her until she introduces herself. She has a relationship with her in the relationship panel, still feels the need to introduce herself. All the other sims in the household know who the toddler is and can interact properly.

I hope this bug doesn't get ignored like the other one Standard smile
Message 5 of 37 (5,318 Views)

Hero
@KatastrophicSim That has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Parents-need-to-introduce-themselves-to-their-toddlers/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 37 (5,316 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Then shouldn't all of these be merged?? It seems like they had the same problem at first but they're only specifically complaining about the aftermath since resetting doesn't help that bit.
Message 7 of 37 (5,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim The OP complains about the toddler not being put down so there's no proof that it's the introduction causing it for them.

I can move yours over though if you think that's your issue rather.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 37 (5,251 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Well I have both issues, but I guess out of the two i's rather be in this thread complaining about the gamebreaking issue (toddler stuck) than the other thread only complaining about the immersion breaking issue (not knowing toddler).
Message 9 of 37 (5,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@KatastrophicSim Then I'll leave this here and it's best if you just click me too on the other (if you haven't done so)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (5,186 Views)