[NEEDS SAVES] Sims walking through locked door (can get in but not out)

by Twiggy1208

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims walking through locked door (can get in but not out)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Free stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Lock door for all but one sim, have another sim try to go inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? A door is locked for everyone but one sim. Other sims can still go through the locked door but cannot get out.
What do you expect to see? Doors that are locked for specific sims stay locked.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I’ve seen this has been an issue a long time ago. It shows up as fixed, but for me it is not fixed. I think it has only been fixed for PC.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 20 (4,248 Views)

Re: Sims 4 doors not locking

Champion

Does this continue to happen some time after locking, or is it generally immediately after? I have noticed that if the Sim has already queued an action that would take them through the door before I locked it, they’ll still be able to go through for that action. But then the lock will apply to any new actions, so they could get stuck inside.

If Sims are still going through and getting stuck much later though, there’s another issue at play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 2 of 20 (4,228 Views)

Hero
@Twiggy1208 Have you tried turning the door around ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (4,200 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes, I was searching for solutions and tried that. It didn’t fix it though.

Message 4 of 20 (4,165 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The doors were locked before my sims queued to do anything but they can still get into doors that are locked but they cannot get back out. I’ve also tried turning the doors the other way to see if that would fix it. It did not.

Message 5 of 20 (4,164 Views)

Sim can go through closed doors

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Cottage Living, Parenthood, Laundry Day, Bust the Dust, Toddler, Blooming Rooms
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Close the door to some Sim from your family and wait. Some time later this sim will come into the closed room
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim is coming through closed door and after that can't leave room
What do you expect to see? Sim can't go through the locked door for him
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 6 of 20 (3,628 Views)

Re: Sim can go through closed doors

Hero
@an112chuh Try turning the door around

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 20 (3,582 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve already done that, but it still doesn’t work

Message 8 of 20 (3,554 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Message 9 of 20 (3,348 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims walking through locked door (can get in but not out)

★★★ Guide

I play on PC and have been encountering this. I have all the bedroom doors locked for everyone but the specific sim(s) assigned to that room. The locks seem to work, at first, but then other sims in the household that should have no access to the room are suddenly able to go through the locked doors. I have checked the doors and they have the options to unlock for the sims entering, showing that the lock is there but the sims are ignoring the lock. It's quite frustrating as I have to reset the locks and I'm not sure what causes them to ignore the locks.

Message 10 of 20 (2,450 Views)