Re: Sim not using kitchen counters to prepare food.

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims using far away counters to cook (Patch 1.77.131)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape Eco lifestyle Discover university Island living Get famous Dream home decorator Journey to batuu Realm of magic Jungle adventure Parenthood Fitness Vintage glamour Romantic garden Perfect patio Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim cook food. Any way works.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will go to a counter further away than the "kitchen" counter. Counters used in bathrooms, bars or decorative counters.
What do you expect to see? The sims to use the closed available counter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's super annoying cuz it takes that extra walking time to make the food. Also when they leave the kitchen and prepares the food somewhere else to still end up going back to the kitchen to use the stove.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, added tag

Message 1 of 5 (868 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@KarolineHC Is this something you're seeing again since this patch or also before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (840 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes! as of today I had my sim go into the basement.

Message 3 of 5 (831 Views)

Hero
@KarolineHC Guess another instance of a fixed bug being back.

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (823 Views)

Re: Sims using far away counters to cook (Patch 1.77.131)

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is still seeing this could you possibly provide a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 5 (700 Views)