[NEEDS SAVES] Sims stand instead of eating at table (Patch 1.68.154)

by LiljrocXB1

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims stand instead of eating at table (Patch 1.68.154)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By grabbing a serving of food.
What happens when the bug occurs? When that happens they sit on the bed rather than sit at the kitchen table or bar area to consume food.
What do you expect to see? I expect the bug to be fix immediately.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game as origin always forces you to update.

When grabbing a serving the sim will go down the hall to eat on the side of the bed. The issue is that they need to sit down to eat in the kitchen rather than the bed room. This has been a persistent issue for quite some time. It was supposed to be resolved in an earlier update, but that had little to no effect. Repairing the game has no effect either.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 25 (5,056 Views)

Re: Sims won't sit down to eat at table

Hero
@LiljrocXB1 For me there's still a tendency to do that if Sims are in the other room doing something there. Socializing is still prioritized over eating at a table.

Do you have this when no other Sims are around ? Is anyone in the bedroom at the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (5,024 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, they'll completely just pick the closest room just to eat.

Message 3 of 25 (4,994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Micromanage your Sims! I always have my sims sit at sofa and watch cooking channel.

So grab a meal then have them sit where you want them too!

if they go to closet room and over ride your choice you might have a glitch

Message 4 of 25 (4,988 Views)

Sims won't eat at dining table

★★★★★ Novice

My sims always go outside to eat even though the dining table is right there (Shortest route) and has nothing blocking their way. They will go outside and eat in the pool (sit poolside) or eat at the outside table no matter the weather! This has been going on for a while and it's become more than a little annoying. 

Message 5 of 25 (4,940 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims stand instead of eating at table (Patch 1.68.154)

★ Apprentice

Happening for me too. Sims will stand and eat infront of the fridge or in the living room. Even if I queue for them to sit, they refuse. Tried installing a mod to fix but nothing.

Message 6 of 25 (4,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I mentioned this before in another thread, Please listen to the many players who wish the sims to use the dining tables. Why on earth even bother placing dining tables and chairs in our houses when the sims want to eat in other places, such as beds, sofas etc anyway? Alternatively they just stand up somewhere chatting and eating as if they where at a coctail party. My dining sets are hardly ever used. Sometimes I can find a sim sitting there by himself eating, but no big nice dinner gatherings with the family. Maybe you could make them eat in the sofa by the tv only if they pick snacks and takeaway such as chips, popcorn, orange juice or pizza? But please let them eat their dinners and grand meals together at the dining table. You could make party food such as buffé and when they eat that they should stand up and mingle around chatting with others meanwhile.

Message 7 of 25 (4,890 Views)

Sims still sit in front of fridge to eat

★★★ Guide

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a sim to grab leftovers and eat.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims will sometimes sit at the table, sometimes sit on a bed in a room with other sims, but often just plop down on the floor in front of the fridge to eat, which blocks other sims' access to the fridge.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to eat at the kitchen table like a civilized human being.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've noticed with more with children, but that's probably just because I am in the 100-baby household and there are more children wandering around.

This is an issue that was supposed to be fixed, and the previous thread is locked, but it's back for me and quite annoying.

Sims also refuse to autonomously grab leftovers, but that's a bug report for another thread.

Message 8 of 25 (4,835 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 25 (4,748 Views)

My sims won't sit down while eating

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? i've have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when my sims goes to the fridge , he will make the food and then would just stand in from of the fridge and eat the food or he will not eat the food and just would leave it on the counter and make more food. or he will just get leftovers and stand in front of the fridge eating the leftover but WONT SIT DOWN !
What happens when the bug occurs? when my sims goes to the fridge , he will make the food and then would just stand in from of the fridge and eat the food or he will not eat the food and just would leave it on the counter and make more food. or he will just get leftovers and stand in front of the fridge eating the leftover but Wont sit down ! My sims just keep eating food just standing in front of the frigde . They won't sit down
What do you expect to see? I would love it if they could sit down while eating food
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Dear the sims team.

My sims will go all the way to fridge and take out leftover or they will make food . They will only stand up while eating . Or they will started make more ! Food to be maked . Please fix this. I'm soooo tired clicky them to sit down. My hand is hurting clicking them mouse button to sit on the chair so my sims can eat on the table.

(Removed all caps, lets use our indoor voice) - Atic 
Message 10 of 25 (4,547 Views)