by take_ninetynine

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims sit on toddler bed for everything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Parenthood, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids' Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Free Holiday Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a toddler bed in your house. Instruct a sim to grab a serving from a group meal, do homework, read a book, or another action that requires them to sit down with an object in their hand.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will sit on the toddler bed to eat/do homework/read, often bypassing much more realistic places to sit such as the dining table, barstool, desk, or sofa.
What do you expect to see? Sims will sit at the dining table/in chairs to do these things, or at least go to the nearest reasonable place instead of going out of their way to get to a toddler bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening in my game for a while, but I thought it was just because the toddler's bedroom was close to the kitchen/bookshelf. In my new house, however, Sims are going through the dining room, up stairs, and down a long hallway just to sit on the toddler bed to eat/read, passing plenty of chairs, tables, desks, and adult beds to get there. This happens whether or not a toddler is currently sleeping in the bed.

I have noticed this more often with "Grab a Serving" from a group meal than with cooking/eating a single serving or getting leftovers.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (1,972 Views)

Re: Sims sit on toddler bed for everything

★★★★★ Guide
@take_ninetynine I've had the whole family take over my Kids' rooms, something I find really annoying, like they will use their computer, sit on the bed as you said and generally hang out in there dancing to the kids stereo. The only way I could get round this was when the toddler grew up into a child, lock the door for everyone but that child. Hope this helps.
Message 2 of 4 (1,838 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sending me your save: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (1,763 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue,

Is anyone still experiencing this issue on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (804 Views)