[NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims away

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

Hero
@AstralynGames Could you please send your save to QA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 35 (1,106 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims away

★★★★★ Newbie

I am experiencing this issue, however, I play on PS4. This happens 100% of the time for me and is quite a pain. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Message 12 of 35 (1,073 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims on home lot don't take care of needs when active sims awa

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Glitches and lags need to be fixed! There's too many of them... Frown 

CM Edit: Don't abuse all caps. 

Message 13 of 35 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Same problem here:

My main family (San Myshuno/Spicy Market) consists of 1 elder, 1 young adult, 4 teenagers and 1 child. I went to the magic realm at night with the young adult and one of the teenagers (mother and son, they're both vampires) and sent the others to bed beforehand.

When I came back they were all awake, doing random things, even though their sleep needs were in the red. They all fell asleep multiple times the next day and none of the younger sims was able to do their homework because they were that sleep-deprived!

I thought that this was a problem with MCCC but with all of you experiencing the same thing it looks like it's a problem with the actual game itself after all, not a mod.

Message 14 of 35 (965 Views)

★ Guide

I had this happen tonight. I wasn't away enough to have the numerous needs failures that I've read about here, but in a family with a toddler, two teens and two parents, the father had neglected himself to the point that he messed himself the moment I returned (I was only away with one sim) and the game threatened to take the toddler away soon due to neglect immediately as well, with the others in various states of yellow & red but not critically failing yet.

Honestly, this game feels impossible to play with more than one or two sims sometimes. If I stay at home, they're constantly interrupting each other (with autonomy for selected sim off too) and giving one another severe task-based ADHD where they start doing something or I assign them something and it lasts all of 15 seconds before their autonomy makes them flit whimsically from task to task, endlessly. And if I leave with one sim to escape all that, I can't trust the rest to even function on their own half the time.

Message 15 of 35 (948 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have reset the SIM a few times, but it doesn't change. I moved someone in with her, but it does not fix the problem. Her name is Jaleesa Smiles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zwc6cw4CQOMTJSwg6EosoISrr3QMYhi2/view?usp=sharing

Message 16 of 35 (839 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just happened a few days ago. In Windenburg, 3 person household, the teen "snuck out" and was out all night. Went back and the parents (vampires) were near the end of the thirst threshold. I have also had this happen with human sims before, but I just use 'cheat needs' to fix it. I think I am so use to it, I just do it every time I travel now. I'm on PC, use mods and CC. I'll have to test without and see what happens.

Message 17 of 35 (784 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have 6 sims in my household, one is a doctor so I accidentally went to work with him (I don't usually) - the child and all the adults in the family went to school/work as normal, but they did not take care of their needs and the child came super close to starving to death while at school.

Weird thing was, 2 out of the 6 were fine - one that stayed home b/c she had a day off, and another who worked. Why did all of them not take care of their needs instead of only 2?

What's going on with this?

Can you post directions on how to send a save file please? Thanks!

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 18 of 35 (731 Views)

Hero
@MadameNordica Instructions are given here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea... as posted in Nicks post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 35 (685 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've got this issue now. PC, fresh install, new game, no cc/mods. When I travel with a Sim, the other Sims who remain at home won't care for themselves.

Message 20 of 35 (588 Views)