[OPEN] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

by Francl27

Original Post

Re: Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

★★ Apprentice

Most days yes. Same for volunteering. I really have no idea what the problem could be, repairing my game hasn't helped at all.

Message 21 of 61 (1,831 Views)

Re: Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

Hero
Guess I'm going to mark this as needs input but forward your save to QA. Unfortunately I can't spend more time testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 61 (1,816 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

★ Guide

I am experiencing a similar problem with school and scouts. The kids go to the footpath and disappear but don’t make it to school or scouts. I have to cancel the action, make them step back from the kerb so that they are visible, and try again. 

Message 23 of 61 (1,829 Views)

Hero
Hi @Illandrya

are you using any mods in your game ?

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 61 (1,827 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @crinrict, I have uploaded the file to Google and sent you the link.

I play a vanilla game - no mods, no CC. I don't remember this happening before installing seasons and it wasn't until I had two kids trying to go to school/scouts at the same time that the issue started occurring.

Message 25 of 61 (1,813 Views)

Hero
Thanks. I've received your file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 61 (1,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'll be curious about an update on this. For what it's worth, I got really sick of this, I was getting the 'school/scout soon'  messages an hour late, then my Sims left for school when they were already late, then went right out of the rabbit hole... Every single day for everything (including volunteering).

As you said that there was nothing wrong with my save, I decided to uninstall and reinstall the game... and it worked fine for 4 days... then happened again Frown

Message 27 of 61 (1,784 Views)

Hero
I haven't been able to repro anything on either of your saves but I passed both on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 61 (1,771 Views)

★ Guide

I paid close attention this time and it seems to only occur if all three children try to leave together. If they are staggered there isn’t a problem. 

Message 29 of 61 (1,756 Views)

★ Guide

it is happening in my game too. In every world. It usually happens when I have several Sims leave the house for work/school at the same times

Message 30 of 61 (1,734 Views)