Re: [WORKAROUND] Sims Not Going To Work/School

by Francl27

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

My children walk like they are going to school then disappear but sometimes don't actually go to school.  Then, I click the icon in the J tab, and they still won't.  Also, sometimes, they go back to doing things at the house when they are late for school.

It also happens with teens going to school and teens going to work. I do get the work in an hour notification on time.  However, the option to go to school/work doesn't come up in their queues until they're late. Then, it takes several attempts for them to fully go to school and remain there until the school day/job hours end.

Message 41 of 61 (1,782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Update: My Sims will go to school/work but they don't get the prompt in their queues until it's too late.

Message 42 of 61 (1,767 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've seen this issue happen a few times on my file, but it was usually due to the game's processing issues; I'd usually have to pause the game and wait for the game's "checks" to catch up before it'd finally give me the notification that the sim has gone to work/school.

I know it might sound like a silly thing to try, but next time you have a sim go to school/work and disappear off the lot, try pausing the game as soon as they do; wait for like 20-30 seconds before unpausing, and see if anything prompts.

- B

Message 43 of 61 (1,762 Views)

EA Staff

Hello there!

Are you guys still encountering this issue after last patch?

Thank you!

Message 44 of 61 (1,713 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes, on and off. Not as often, but it still happens about once a week (scout meetings still start late every single time).

Message 45 of 61 (1,709 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

★★ Apprentice

My child Sim just did this with school. I tried the 'go to school' action like three times before giving up.

Message 46 of 61 (1,691 Views)

Sims won't go to work.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Seasons, cats and dogs, get together, city Living, Jungle adventure, Vampires, Dine out, outdoor retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Movie hangout, Backyard stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Slick "Go to Work" on any sim who needs to go to work
What happens when the bug occurs? I direct a sim to go to work or to a Scout meeting, they start leaving the house and just as they exit out onto the street, it disappears from their queue and they go back inside. Meanwhile they are late for work. The same thing happens each time I re-queue the command.
What do you expect to see? The sim should go to work like in previous patches
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch

I direct a sim to go to work or to a Scout meeting, they start leaving the house and just as they exit out onto the street, it disappears from their queue and they go back inside. Meanwhile they are late for work. The same thing happens each time I re-queue the command. Repairing the game doesn't help it. No mods, nothing installed.

Message 47 of 61 (1,670 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to work.

Hero

Hi @tcikes

merged your post with existing thread.

Seems this is still happening then @SimGuruIcarus

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 61 (1,655 Views)

EA Staff

@tcikes 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 49 of 61 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello SimGuruIcarus

I would, but it may be unnecessary as this has for some reason completely stopped happening. Sims have been going to work/school normally for weeks now. Perhaps it makes sense to send over the save if the bug returns Standard smile thank you for looking into it

Message 50 of 61 (1,579 Views)