Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims not going to school/work and reappearing instead

by Francl27

Original Post

Hero

Actually found an older thread on this that I also couldn't repro at the time.

I have merged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 61 (1,583 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's not exactly the same problem though... Mine DO disappear from my screen, then come back after a bit. It seems that for the other player, they just dropped their queue.

And again, it's probably linked to the late 'school in one hour' messages. The 'go to school' action only gets queued when school is supposed to start as well.

After I reinstalled the game, it worked fine for about 5 Sims days and started happening again. Now it's all the time again.

Message 32 of 61 (1,571 Views)

Hero
It might all be connected. There's so many similar ones. I'm leaving it merged for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 61 (1,560 Views)

★★ Guide
Idk if my issue is the same as it only happens when my a sim in my household goes into CAS with plan outfit. it brings all sims at work home when I leave CAS
Message 34 of 61 (1,546 Views)

Hero

Hi @MsPigglyPooh

was a holiday going on for you at the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 61 (1,528 Views)

★★ Guide

When this occurred recently in my game it was the day after the custom holiday I made. I went into CAS because one my sims kids grew up and I wanted to edit his outfit so I had him go to the mirror and plan his outfit. When I was done his siblings and mother were standing in front of the house. His siblings had just gone to a scouting meeting and his mother was at work. But I've noticed this happening before regardless of it being a holiday or not. I'm going to go into my game again and see if this always occurs. I'll get back to you in a bit. I just really started to notice it.

Message 36 of 61 (1,515 Views)

Hero
We currently have this happen on several occasions.

- Group meeting
- Holiday
- Two users saying it happened with anything of those two

I think this specific issue is different though so I'm probably going to move yours over to one of the others

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 61 (1,501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So imagine that... Reinstalled the game, started over with a new family, and I have the problem again - I have 4 kids in my household. The ones that 'miss' school do the 'something is in the way' wave and shrug, but still disappear in the rabbit hole for a while before reappearing. It's another lot too. At least the school and work notices happen on time, but it's like they are getting in each other's way or something.

It's getting extremely aggravating! If they leave after each other, it's fine, but if they all end up leaving the house at the same time, the game can't handle it.

Message 38 of 61 (1,462 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I've had something similar happen to me in my new save, regarding the work from home careers. I'm wondering if it's a lag/timeout sort of thing here? IDK The holiday idea, perhaps? I remember a while ago something similar happening with the kids but as far as I knew that was fixed. Anyway...The sim starts to go to work (going into the rabbit hole, as others have mentioned), but next thing I hear is the "late for work" call because the sim isn't at work - the sim just dropped the GTW action when it got to the sidewalk. Literally had this happen to 2 sims in my game today. Kind of frustrating to get the sim ahead when it happens.

Sent @SimGuruIcarus the save that it happened, just in case.

Message 39 of 61 (1,433 Views)

[WORKAROUND] Sims Not Going To Work/School

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Pets City Living Get Together Get to Work Parenthood Dining Out Spa Day Camping Luxury Stuff Outdoor Stuff Kids Room Stuff Garden Stuff Movie Stuff SPooky STuff Ice Cream Hot Tub Stuff Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send multiple sims to work/school at the same time
What happens when the bug occurs? I had four sims that all left to go to work and school at the same time, however, they would walk out the door and disappear in the street but not actually go to work/school. Sometimes they don't even attempt to go at all automatically, or they get the task and it goes away.
What do you expect to see? I expect for them all to get their task, leave the lot, and go to work/school
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug has only happened with one of my households which is why I didn't mark it at 100% for how often it occurs. I haven't tried it with another household, but with the one I have it happens every time 

Message 40 of 61 (1,399 Views)