@crinrict I've done it. Thanks.
Message 31 of 45 (1,348 Views)

Re: The sims are looking at sideway or opposite way

EA Staff

Hello All,

We are looking for saves for the following scenarios:
1. When playing a multiplayer video game 
2. Foot massage in spa

Is anyone of you is encountering this issue in the above scenarios (without mods) and are willing to share the save file(s) with us?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 45 (1,289 Views)

Sim not looking at computers or laptops.

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EPO5: 1.assets.ml-ep05.206
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? quite a few
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Anytime you get on a computer or laptop
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims neck is turnt sideways while interacting with the computers or laptops.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the Sim facing the computer or laptop while interacting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

sim head turns sideways whenever interacting with computers or electronics.

Message 33 of 45 (1,259 Views)

Re: Sim not looking at computers or laptops.

★ Guide
@icollins0212 It doesn't happen *all* the time to me, but enough to know it's not yet fixed.

Similarly, sims will be looking off to the side when they're supposed to be sitting down and eating.
Message 34 of 45 (1,249 Views)

Re: Sim not looking at computers or laptops.

Hero
@icollins0212 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you send your save to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 45 (1,200 Views)

Sim looks to the sides instead of ahead during animations.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During regular gameplay, and observe the sims's animations during social interaction, talking in the mirror, using the computer, or running on a treadmill.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim is perfuming an action, say running on the treadmill, the sim turns its head, and looks at other directions instead of ahead at the thing that it is supposed to be looking at. This animation bug occurs in quite a lot of situation as long as it involve animations. In my experience, it can happen during social interactions, looking at the mirror, using the computer and exercising. A possibly related side note, computer's browse animation is broken. Sim's hands stay on their lap instead of on the desk. It looks like they are navigating the web using they mind.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to look at the thing that they are doing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't tried playing without mods. but I don't expect it to be mod related at all as none of my mods tunes animations in anyway.. So if anyone experiences similar bugs, great. If not, I might test it without mods.

Message 36 of 45 (1,118 Views)

Re: Sim looks to the sides instead of ahead during animations.

Hero
@NykoIaz I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you send your save to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 45 (1,091 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims look to side instead of straight ahead for some activitie

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
Message 38 of 45 (966 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims look to side instead of straight ahead for some activitie

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello Everyone!

As we all know this bug has many scenarios as we discussed in the previous pages of this thread, we have tried covering all of them and wanted to give a clearer picture about what all we were able to reproduce on our end and which are the one we are finding difficult to reproduce and we are looking for saves.

We've investigated and able to reproduce these :

1. Washing hands
2. Experimenting on Science table
3. Playing game on the computer
4. Light saber spar
5. Working on archaeology table
6. Toddler playing with the wabbit tablet and/or dollhouse
7. Working out on Lat machine and on the treadmill at gym

But we were unable to reproduce the issue in the below scenarios:

1. Playing multiplayer video game
2. Foot massage in spa

Hence looking for saves for these above two scenarios without mods, 

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 45 (3,145 Views)

Champion

This appears to be worse since the recent (January 2022) update. My Sim is working at the computer in the Education Career, working from home. There are no pets or loved ones in her room with her either and that's usually the trigger. She's looking to her left as she's typing.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 40 of 45 (763 Views)