[FIXED] Sims look to side instead of straight ahead for some activities

by Nooboosimmer

Original Post

Re: My sims won’t look at the computer...

Hero
@Ziafar I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 45 (1,313 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Standard smile

Message 22 of 45 (1,302 Views)

EA Staff

Hello,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 23 of 45 (1,234 Views)

Re: Sims look at each other, not TV, playing video game

★ Novice
@JonaO703 I have this problem also
Message 24 of 45 (1,071 Views)

★ Guide

I just noticed this bug yesterday when I had sims blowing bubbles from the city living bubble bottles. It was weird. I play vanilla with no cc or mods, I have never had them in my game. 

Message 25 of 45 (1,039 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims look to side instead of straight ahead for some activitie

★ Apprentice
@Nooboosimmer I noticed this happening with my sims whenever they are doing an individual activity and someone is near or is passing through, it seems like they get stuck looking to the other and doesn’t go back to normal
Message 26 of 45 (916 Views)

★★ Pro
@Reekyteek If you haven't already, be sure to send your savefile to the gurus like SimGuruRitzy asked so they can figure out what's going on! Standard smile
Message 27 of 45 (856 Views)

The sims are looking at sideway or opposite way

★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Away from computer now but my game is fully up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don’t have Eco Lifestyle, Cottage Living, Dream House, Paranormal, and all kits. Otherwise I have all packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sims are flirting sideway or opposite side
What happens when the bug occurs? I have four men and a woman in my household. She keeps looking at the sim giving a mentor while learning skills. Also she ls flirting with her boyfriend but actually looking at her housemate guys. So her boyfriend is not jealous but looks like she is flirting with her housemate. Another one is that my all sims don’t look at other direction, but they keep looking at sideway after finishing their chat with other sims. They don’t do that when they start using the computers and woodworking table without any chat at the beginning. But when they start chatting with other sims, they chat without any problem, then they start looking at sideways when they are back to whatever they were doing such as computer, woodworking table, even the table from jungle adventure for authentication of relics.(I forgot the name of this item).
What do you expect to see? I want to see they look at normally. Especially, I want to see my couple sims flirt looking at each other, not other direction. It’s quite annoying.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have four men and a woman in my household. She keeps looking at the sim giving a mentor while learning skills until I stop them learning logic skill on chess board. No problem while mentoring with fishing though. Also she ls flirting with her boyfriend but actually looking at her housemate guys. So her boyfriend is not jealous but looks like she is flirting with her housemates. Her boyfriend also talk to her looking her back. Another one is that my all sims don’t look at other direction, but they keep looking at sideway after finishing their chat with other sims. They don’t do that when they start using the computers and woodworking table without any chat at the beginning. But when they start chatting with other sims, they chat without any problem, then they start looking at sideways when they are back to whatever they were doing such as computer, woodworking table, even the table from jungle adventure for authentication of relics.(I forgot the name of this item).

Message 28 of 45 (821 Views)

Champion

This has been happening on Xbox series S since cottage living pack/associated update. First noticed when they were eating meals at the village pub while at the bar. They were putting the plate one place away and turning their heads away and stretching over.

Now they do it occasionally while using the computer, reading, eating and randomly doing other tasks.

I've noticed though they seem to be looking at a loved one or pet. If one of them is nearby they look to them. They also automatically go to sit near them too and turn heads towards them. Even if it's a pet. If I direct them to eat leftovers or read a book for example, they take their plate/book near the pet or partner and look over to them.

Besotted much?! I'm surprised their partner doesn't take one look and run for the hills!

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 29 of 45 (812 Views)

Re: The sims are looking at sideway or opposite way

Hero
@aodoherty I merged your post with existing thread on this. Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-look-to-side-instead-of-straight-ahead-for-so...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 45 (799 Views)