Re: Sulani (non-Kava) guests in “private dwelling” & no “send home” interact

by xochiquetzl_xkvn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims invade homes (no ask to leave/Send home)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.7.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island, Famous, Seasons, City, Parenthood, Spa, Tiny, Laundry, Patio, Backyard, Movie, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in a home (in this case, Sulani)
What happens when the bug occurs? Unwanted and uninvited NPC’s enter a dwelling with the “private” lot trait, and help themselves to the bathroom, kitchen, etc. No “send home” interaction is available. In tonight’s episode they were both celebrity Sims so all I got were the attempt introduction and ask for hug, selfie, etc interactions. I saw that the old “Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)” thread was archived in 2020 on account of “ the new send home interaction and the fix for the yard sales” but this remains a problem. I couldn’t find a current thread for it, however. Tonight I finally solved the problem by performing “reset object” on both the unwanted guests. They then proceeded to walk out, without the usual “I need to leave now” message.
What do you expect to see? Unwanted Sims at least knock before entering a home, particularly one that has been assigned the private dwelling lot trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

PS I’m having repeated problem uploading new topics. I hit the send button and nothing happens, so I end up retyping them multiple times. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title

Message 1 of 109 (11,584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims invade homes (no ask to leave/Send home)

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

With this fix in  Patch 1.103.250/1.84, I'm going to archive this thread.

If you have any invasion issues still, please create a new thread.  

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 109 of 109 (1,525 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

It also happened just now in San Myshuno. All the vendors suddenly left their stalls and walked in my Sim’s home to use his bathroom. Definitely not fixed. 

Message 2 of 109 (11,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's now about a dozen threads on this. I honestly don't think we need yet another thread on it

Please check if any of these fit your scenario

There was also a newer one where the no ask to leave wasn't present that I can't find currently.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 109 (11,507 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@nickinbigd  I can't help you with the San Myshuno one, but for the Sulani one I immediately thought of these two threads (which to my mind are the same bug):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PSP-ECO-Haunted-house-draws-NPCs-on-home-lot-in-Evergreen-Harb...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ECO-TL-Tiny-Houses-draws-NPCs-on-home-lot-in-Evergreen-Harbor/...

The TL;DR on those seems to be that if you have a tiny house or a haunted house in Evergreen Harbor or Sulani, you should set it to be a tiny house or a haunted house after the welcome wagon event or Sims will spawn on your lot daily at Welcome Wagon time, invade your home, and use all your stuff.

Are you playing in a tiny house or haunted house in Sulani?

Message 4 of 109 (11,476 Views)

★ Guide

No I’m not 

Message 5 of 109 (11,469 Views)

★ Guide

I did not find many of those but again I was looking specifically at my Sulani situation, so the not on point Kava thread was the one I found. The entering time drink water thread seems similar to my San Myshuno vendors entering to go to the bathroom. 

feel free to move my post elsewhere if they present a problem on their own. 

seems like this unwanted visitor problem crops up in many circumstances and has yet to be resolved definitively. 

Message 6 of 109 (11,469 Views)

Hero
@nickinbigd You said in your initial post that they were both celebrities so that could be this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Uninvited-sims-walking-into-house-to-quot-catch-up-quot-after/... ?

This issue s a bit of a problem cause it's not a bug as such but a symptom so I don't think it will ever fully go away. They need to fix all the things that can cause it hence the many threads but at this point, it's just very hard to distinguish what is what.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 109 (11,449 Views)

Strangers entering home

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.83.24.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: All GPs: all except Strangerville and Batuu SPs: all except Mochino, First Pet, Toddler, Bowling, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open any household
What happens when the bug occurs? Any stranger (ages ranging, and supernaturals) from the neighborhood can walk into the house and interact with things in the home as if they're a guest -- even when no one is at home. Sims that are friends will ring the doorbell and wait to be invited in / just leave.
What do you expect to see? People not walking through my Sims' home like it's a 711.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played the game in a while because I was dinking around with Sims 3 -- but I'm assuming this started with a new patch or glitch with delivery express?

Message 8 of 109 (11,441 Views)

Re: Strangers entering home

Hero
@kjaerlighetdi Do you have the option to ask them to leave ? There's a boatload of threads on this issue but several causes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 109 (11,415 Views)

Re: Strangers entering home

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes!! I'm having that issue, too. More specifically, when it started last year, it was in Sulani. Sims would come in the middle of the night while my Sims slept, get a class of water from the kitchen sink and sit on the floor to drink it. This happened way more than 10 times. I do get a couple who just come in while living in other worlds, not necessarily to drink water but they do poke around, but definitely nowhere NEAR as much as it happens in Sulani. In one world, the mail carrier would deliver the mail while my Sim was at work and walk inside the house immediately after interacting with the mailbox. And it slowed down the fast-forward and I hate to wait extra long for my Sim to return home.

ALSO, there is no "Send Home" option. I have to do an introduction first and even then, "Send Home" and "Send Everyone Home" don't always show up and neither does "Ask to Leave." I have to add the unwanted Sim to a group, walk them outside using "Go Here Together," disband the group then go inside and lock the door.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 10 of 109 (11,408 Views)