Re: [OPEN] Sims forget already existing relationships

by SimGuruNick

Original Post

Re: Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★★ Pro
@ArendelleMage The relationship culling is happening much faster than the complete culling. Complete culling only happens to sims with no relationships to any other sims, if I’ve understood it correctly. If the sims you’re looking for aren’t completely culled you can find them in the household manager and put them on a lot to add them to a club and then you can just evict them from the lot and remove them from played sims and they’ll stay in the club. 🙂

At around 3:20 every sim-night the game does some culling. I’m not completely sure about all the criteria for relationship culling, but from what I’ve read it shouldn’t cull the relationships of the active household, but it does cull the relationships of the active household anyway... I’ve also read that it shouldn’t cull relationships that aren’t at 0 on the friend meter, but it does that anyway. The only criteria that seems to work is that it shouldn’t cull relationships with a romantic bar, even if the bar is at 0, that’s the only thing that’s not culled. For me it even cull relationships with sims that my sim is friends with, and it happens when I’m currently playing that sim. 😓
Message 81 of 130 (1,824 Views)

All Sims relationships are being deleted except household

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play rotational play through? Install new packs?
What happens when the bug occurs? I will start playing a family and every sim in the game will have forgotten/deleted all the sims they have interacted with besides the people they live with. They will forget their boyfriends/girlfriends, club members, coworkers, good friends, acquaintances etc. This has happened multiple times and I am tired of cheating back everyone's relationships.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims remembering the sims they interact with, especially with high or significant relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just downloaded the Nifty Knitting Pack and it did this again. All of my relationships for all of my sims are deleted. This is very frustrating as I spent a lot of time working on these relationships. I'm not sure when or why it happens. Sometimes I don't catch it until later but it is very frustrating. 

Message 82 of 130 (1,851 Views)

Re: All Sims relationships are being deleted except household

Champion
@laughingirlgmo after installing a new pack or patch update, do you ever start the game and then decide you want to build something and jump straight into build mode from the world map?

I remember a bug report about all sim relationships disappearing once before after an update. The game was trying to run some command or script on sims first time it loaded, but if a player went right into build mode first thing instead of loading up and family, it corrupted the relationships of every sim in the save.
Message 83 of 130 (1,778 Views)

★ Apprentice

WOW! My sims even forgot friends that are in her personal group and she used to live with. So aggravating.

Message 84 of 130 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've had this issue also with some households recently. Mostly the relationships return as they used to be when they meet the other sim who has just vanished from the relationships listing again. But it's a pain in the butt to go visit them all (or even trying to remember who's missing) >.<

Message 85 of 130 (1,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@KonekoFoxglove My sims forget sims they have known all their lives. Many forget in-laws, that is when their sibling dies, suddenly I have to reintroduce widowed in-law to their decreased partners brother/sister/nieces/nephews!! it's frustrating!! I rotate households and sometimes they only know the people in their household!!
Message 86 of 130 (1,657 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

★ Apprentice

My sims are losing relationships with family members they've known. Parents/children etc. 

I currently use the mccc mod to fix it but have never ran into this issue before. 

Message 87 of 130 (1,617 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

★ Apprentice

I've just found this issue in my game. It's actually the first time I notice it. I was planning to marry those two sims, and now, I will have to start over.

Now for the questions:

- They are completely removed from the friendship panel.

- Less than one sim day passed when I found the issue.

- They were friends, as long as I remember.

- I use no mods at all.

I mainly play with one family. However, I usually take one sim night for playing with the other families, when I make 1 or up to 4 families pregnant, and then go back to the main family. I usually go back around 7 am, sim time. However, this time I got issues with a family (Tried to make a house on a hill, had to make some improvements so that the sims could walk home), and had to go back at around 8:30 am. I noticed this around 10 am, when I tried to call the other sim to hang out, and was just not there. Since I was told about the family tree bug, I've been backing up my game in a second save, however, when I checked the backup, this issue was also present there.

Both sims were in saved households (no townies or unfavorited sims involved).

If it turns useful, I could send the saves.

Talk to you later!

Message 88 of 130 (1,564 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

I have some additional info from our engineers on the rules our game uses for relationship culling:

1. The relationship will not decay if either the romance or friendship track goes above 20 or below -20. This means that relationships that have progressed beyond these points are safe (unless they then fall into this range).
2. Decay will not begin unless there has been no relationship progress in either direction for a day.
3. Certain relationship bits can prevent the relationship being culled anyways.
4. Even after decaying down to 0, the relationship will then still give an additional day before culling is done. If the relationship does move away from 0 in either direction, then the relationship will not be culled and the process will start all over.

After reading this, if you still believe you have a bug in your game, it'd be much appreciated if you could share a save file with me. You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 89 of 130 (14,669 Views)

★★ Expert

@SimGuruNick--thank you for the update!

Message 90 of 130 (1,489 Views)