Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims forget already existing relationships

Hero
@nessy825 Could you provide your save to QA as asked above ? Before and after would be perfect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 130 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am playing rotationally as I am trying to keep all the family members aging together even though they live in separate houses. They forget everyone. Cousins, uncles, in laws, don't know each other. I had a sim working on friend of the world aspiration and when I got back even though his former friends were still alive they were culled form his relationship panel and he had to start almost from scratch, only knowing his wife and son. Now I can't stop playing this lot until he gets his 20 friends or he will never get it done!

Message 62 of 130 (1,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

This happened to me just yesterday. I came back to play with a sim after playing less than a sim-week with another sim, and the sim I came back to had lost all her relationships except for one. She have had at least three friends, maybe more, and knew a ton of other people. It doesn't bother me that she lost the relationships with the sims she hadn't become friends with, but it's so odd that she lost the relationships with sims she had been friends to. Of course friendships decay with time, but she was like halfway on the friends meter with all her friends, and I only played less than a sim-week with another sim.

@ArcherAngelo It feels very odd that they forget family, even when it's extended family. Like with romantic relationships (which are never culled, even when it goes down to zero on both the friend-meter and the romantic-meter) relationships with family members shouldn't be culled, in my opinion.

Message 63 of 130 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARoboIn case your still looking in to this. Im having this issue as well and its causing a lot of problems in my game. - I play on Mac and I play rotational, so whenever I shift back to another household they have lost relationships with several family members and friends living in the world, but are good/ friends with random townies that don't live in the world.

- They are completely wiped out of the relationsship panel as if they never met.

- I usually play a household for two weeks and then shift, so I can't really say exactly as I sometimes switch back after two weeks to the same household, and other times rotate for several sim weeks/ months. I seems to occur no matter how long time that has gone, but the longer time, the more of them seems to be gone from the panel.
- And random sims seem to have taken the place of friendly relationships in the panel. (Bonus info: I have experienced this both with and without ageing on for all sims in the game)

- It varies from acquaintances to friends, im not completely sure if any good friends have disappeared but I suspect it.
Best friends and parents, children & siblings seem to stay in the panel. Although I think the relationships to some of them have vanished too. - When they are not in the same household.
But cousins and grandchildren/parents and even close relationships significant others, and all other kind of relationships will disappear completely from the relationsship panel.

- Yes, no mods or CC, ever.

Thanks!

Stinalina

Message 64 of 130 (961 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Stinalina @SqueamishNerd 

Would you be willing to share your save files that have this issue?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the files.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 65 of 130 (945 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SimQARobo I have sent a save file now. Standard smile
Message 66 of 130 (886 Views)

EA Sims Team

@SqueamishNerd 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 67 of 130 (866 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo

Thanks a lot! I have send my save file to you, sorry for the delay.
Message 68 of 130 (837 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Stinalina 

Thank you!

Message 69 of 130 (811 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo

Hi, is there any news on this issue?

Sorry for the impatience, but It's killing my game.
All I spend time on is reintroducing the sims that I want to know each other. I can never have a large family gathering, or a club that just pick up, with all the members as they keep forgetting each other.

Would it be possible to have a button on all the known sims relations, that you could "switch on" on the sims you don't want your sim to lose knowledge of, no matter how high or low their relationsship is?
(Similar to the heart in the un/played households)

This way you could have a solid group that's fixed your sim won't forget, and still room for casual relations coming and going.

Like if you play a doctor and have to introduce your sim to new patients daily, you would have to have at least a few brackets of "free" relationships, that you can loose, instead of loosing the once that matters to your gameplay. I dont want those patients to take over club friends, old friends and distant family members.
But of course it happens to anyone, no matter what their profession is. Even "classmates" keep disappearing...

Thank you for looking in to this!
Stinalina
Message 70 of 130 (776 Views)