Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims forget already existing relationships

by CathieCMR

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if this has been resolved yet as I have just started to experience these issues after downloading Island Living. 

My sim also forgets people he has already met and the relationships seem to be decreasing much quicker than before. 

Thanks

Message 51 of 134 (1,679 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @tarajsimpson 

If you're seeing this without mods/CC, would you be willing to share your save files (preferably saves from before and after you noticed the issue)?  If so, instructions are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 52 of 134 (1,669 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having the same issue. I noticed it a while ago but put it down to having played the same save for over a year and having edited/developed most of the worlds. I started a new game and the same thing is happening even with sims who have a high romantic relationship. They just seem to forget that they know each other and disappear from the relationship panel altogether and have to be reintroduced. 

Message 53 of 134 (1,651 Views)

★ Guide

Fortunately I'd just completed a challenge before the latest patch update.  The sims in my household include two adults (Male/Female married), and her 4 daughters from two other fathers (was 100 baby challenge...hit 101 kids).  ALL relationships are gone.  Even known.  Family tree is still in tact.  The daughters don't know their mother.  The mother had to reintroduce herself to her husband.  It's very messed up. 

Message 54 of 134 (1,640 Views)

Forgets Neighbors during Extra Food event in Island Living

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Island Living, neighbors come to the home and the “Extra Food” event begins. My sim household lives on the lot Sapphire Shores in Lani St. Taz in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time these neighbors come over, my sims all need to reindroduce themselves. All sims in my household lose their relationships with the neighbors every time.
What do you expect to see? I would expect my sims to remember the neighbors as they have met them multiples times throughout game play and have already built relationships with many.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Island Living, neighbors come to the home and the “Extra Food” event begins. My sim household lives on the lot Sapphire Shores in Lani St. Taz in Sulani.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time these neighbors come over, my sims all need to reindroduce themselves. All sims in my household lose their relationships with the neighbors every time.
What do you expect to see? I would expect my sims to remember the neighbors as they have met them multiples times throughout game play and have already built relationships with many.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 55 of 134 (1,636 Views)

Re: Forgets Neighbors during Extra Food event in Island Living

Hero

Hi @GabiKnight 

merged your post with existing thread.

Would you be willing to share yous save with QA as asked by @SimQARobo above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 134 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've been having my sims' long-time relationships with each other culled for ages now; I have the impression that the GF celebrity 'instant besties' perk is not helping matters.  Some time ago I started using MCCC in an attempt to restore some of the lost relationships, but also some time ago I gave up on the restoration attempts (pointless as they just got culled again) & simply have the sims re-introduce themselves to family members, in-laws, etc.  One particular deep-hatred relationship got lost, too, and after restoring that a few times I gave up.  The now-grown sim whose abusive step-parent led him to run away from home doesn't know her from Adam, nor does she remember him.  (Unless they've met again more recently; I don't bother checking as there wasn't any point.)

If you still have the link to my save-file, @crinrict, I can try digging back and finding an old save before the culling started--but I didn't start doing pre-patch saves until 03/2018, so I can't be sure.  Want me to look?

eta:  another way I know it's still an issue is that club members keep forgetting each other.

Message 57 of 134 (1,582 Views)

Hero
@Tiarella4 If you find one where it's easy and reproducibly happeing, please send the save to @SimQARobo.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 134 (1,574 Views)

★★ Guide

Rats--the March 2018 savefile is after the relationship-culling started.  I'll keep an eye on it, and the next time a currently-existing significant relationship is culled, I'll save the game & send in before-&-after copies of the files to SimQARobo.  I know I've had to do some re-introductions within the last month or so, but I don't remember who (it's too routine nowadays for me to remember any details), so it'll be simpler to keep an eye out going forward.  Sorry I can't provide files right away!

Message 59 of 134 (1,552 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★ Newbie

The same exact thing has been happening to me since installing Island Living and/or the 7/22 patch. 

Message 60 of 134 (1,512 Views)