Re: [OPEN] Sims forget already existing relationships

by simvasion

Original Post

★★★ Novice

This has also been happening to me, I notice it mainly with my vampire character, who has been around since the start of my save (this save has been going for a year and is 3 generations in). He was friends with Vlad and the Vatores, and formed a club with them. After a while of not interacting, the relationship disappeared entirely and the Sim had to introduce himself to them all over again.

From what I remember, they were not in any relationship panels when the relationship was forgotten. In fact, Vlad did not appear in the 'club' relationship panel and I thought Vlad had died, but when I went into the actual club panel he was still there and he showed up when I started a gathering.

I don't remember how many Sim days passed, but I imagine it was a few weeks or more.

Before this issue, my Sim and Vlad were at max friendship.

I have CC clothing but no mods.

Message 31 of 134 (1,675 Views)

Hero

Hi @lornabird93

do you happen to have a save before it broke to share with @SimQARobo ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 134 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't, sorry.

Message 33 of 134 (1,651 Views)

Sims keep forgetting people they have met

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pets, seasons, city living, jungle adventure, get to work, vintage glamour stuff, spooky stuff, laundry day, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your Sim make acquaintances
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim makes acquaintances and then encounters them again in a public venue. They then have to reintroduce themselves as if strangers. This happens repeatedly with same sims.
What do you expect to see? see above
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the latest patch in November 2018, and after i purchased Seasons.

Please fix. How can sims build relationship if they suffer from virtual amnesia???!

Message 34 of 134 (1,635 Views)

Re: Sims keep forgetting people they have met

Champion
What's the timeframe between making the acquaintance and forgetting them?

The game has relationship culling - if your sim knows more than 35 people, then the game will start deleting relationships starting with the lowest bars.
Message 35 of 134 (1,623 Views)

Re: Sims keep forgetting people they have met

Hero

Hi @grannyiris77

I merged your save with currently active thread on this.

Does this happen every time you make new acquaintances ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 134 (1,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This keeps happening in my game too and it's highly annoying.

I play rotationally in many households and everytime I return to each household I noticed they no longer knew some Sims or animals that they were previously friends, acquaintances, or disliked. I use MC Command Center to set them up to where they use to be. Relationship settings in MCCC were never touched and this happened before I had that mod.

Message 37 of 134 (1,568 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is happening to me, too. My sim knows  13 people, and I've seen it as low as 6 sometimes, despite that he's had multiple friends and mutiple jobs with coworkers, etc. The only ones who actually stick around are his sons and daughters, and his ex. 

This is happening on every game I run, with any sim. 

I am running cc, but I have never seen it affect the sims this way (its mostly objects and clothing). The only other mods Im running is Neia's No culling mod, which, hilariously, doesn't seem to be working at all.

Message 38 of 134 (1,545 Views)

Champion

@Trishields wrote:

This is happening to me, too. My sim knows  13 people, and I've seen it as low as 6 sometimes, despite that he's had multiple friends and mutiple jobs with coworkers, etc. The only ones who actually stick around are his sons and daughters, and his ex. 

This is happening on every game I run, with any sim. 

I am running cc, but I have never seen it affect the sims this way (its mostly objects and clothing). The only other mods Im running is Neia's No culling mod, which, hilariously, doesn't seem to be working at all.

A lot of people seem to be describing just regular game relationship culling behaviour - if you play rotationally and come back after a few days, your sims will have decayed some of their relationships and been removed from their relationship panels

This is built-in behaviour to try and optimise the game and stop performance issues (see the other bug thread on here where someone has their sim know 75 other sims and the game lags so much it is unplayable).

Protected relationships your sim should never lose are family members and people they have previously unlocked a romance bar with.

If there's some extreme relationship deleting happening, like your sim just fogetting everyone they know in an extremely short time frame, then there could be a bug happening, but otherwise it could just be regular culling.

I find that my sims generally keep quite a few relationships with high enough friend bars in the green OK - but that's because I'm not usually away from them for that long in my general rotation, or while I'm playing the other sim from the other side, I try to keep up their friend relationships.

If it's not just the relationships disappearing, but the sims themselves also being deleted - that is sim culling that happens when your game goes over the limit of allowed sims in the game (which is something around 640+ at the moment). Sims that have been deleted completely should also be removed from your relationship panels.

If you would like to adjust or control this behaviour, you can try out mods which let you turn it off - such as MCCC or Neia's No Culling and Neia's No More Relationship Culling.

At the moment though, Neia's mods are out of date, as they haven't been updated for the November 2018 script mod apocalypse patch that changed the game's Python version and broke all older script mods. From what I understand from reading the main forums, Neia is unavailable at the moment but may be back later to update the mods.

Message 39 of 134 (1,535 Views)

★ Guide
My sims can forget their own parents/adult children/inlaws. If culling is back, I wish family were exempt.
Message 40 of 134 (1,468 Views)