Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims forget already existing relationships

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a couple of households and play rotationally
What happens when the bug occurs? I noticed this issue in a save file where I play rotational. Sims forget relationships with sims they have met before and have even been friends with. I had sims e.g. forget their inlaws a couple of times and I have given up on re-introducing them after the fourth of fifth time. Same thing happens with colleagues in active careers. My sims have to re-introduce themselves to their work collegues every round I play with them, even to those they have been friends with when I last played them. I noticed that the relationships remain intact when they have been romantically involved with a sim (those they never forget, even if there's no romance and friendship anymore) and if I remember correctly those relationships where they have been "good friends" with another sim (not just "friends") also remain intact.
What do you expect to see? Sims remembering their friends/acquaintances
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit: family relationships aren't affected either

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 134 (18,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims forget already existing relationships

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

I have some additional info from our engineers on the rules our game uses for relationship culling:

1. The relationship will not decay if either the romance or friendship track goes above 20 or below -20. This means that relationships that have progressed beyond these points are safe (unless they then fall into this range).
2. Decay will not begin unless there has been no relationship progress in either direction for a day.
3. Certain relationship bits can prevent the relationship being culled anyways.
4. Even after decaying down to 0, the relationship will then still give an additional day before culling is done. If the relationship does move away from 0 in either direction, then the relationship will not be culled and the process will start all over.

After reading this, if you still believe you have a bug in your game, it'd be much appreciated if you could share a save file with me. You can DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 89 of 134 (14,801 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims forget already existing relationships

Hero
Culling back ? I wonder ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 134 (18,116 Views)

★★ Guide

Might be... I wouldn't mind if it was just people the met only once and never talked to again, but work colleagues and inlaws is a bit unfortuante... 

Message 3 of 134 (18,111 Views)

Hero
Going to ask in the culling forum thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 134 (18,103 Views)

★★ Guide

That would be great! Thank you! Standard smile 

Message 5 of 134 (18,093 Views)

Hero
Hi @KonekoFoxglove

got an answer back from Neia over at the forums and they say, nothing was changed as they can tell.

How many relationships does your Sim have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 134 (18,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Thank you very much for asking, @crinrict, I really appreciate it!! 

The sim with the work colleagues knows just below 30 people (including his four colleagues I re-introduced him to); one of the sims who always forgets her inlaws has just about 15 (almost entirely made up of related family members, all the others she has forgotten). 

But I also encoutered it with sims who had a lot less relationships. I e.g. made a club with kids and the children I played with (three siblings in the same family) forgot all the other club-members (three). Currently two of them only have three relationships (their father and their two siblings). Any other sims they keep forgetting. The other kid has four because she is best friends with one of the kids in the club. The other two she has forgotten as well. The lifespan in that file is set on long. 

Message 7 of 134 (18,024 Views)

Hero
I don't know too much about how it works but that's the answer I got:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16568658/#Comment_16568658

Your save or a save before it started happening might be useful

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 134 (18,009 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't think I have a save before it started happening since I can't really pinpoint when it started, but I could provide current files if that helps. I'm not really sure though how long it takes until the culling occurs. Should I upload the file here? 

Message 9 of 134 (18,002 Views)

Hero
You will need to upload to google drive or one drive and then send me the link via PM :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 134 (17,994 Views)