Re: [OPEN] Sims forget already existing relationships

by Theenaabeenaa

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@SimGuruNick Is this happening to all sims in the save file or only the currently played household? What happens in rotational-play save files? Will all sims lose all their -19 to 19 relationships if I’m playing with another household for two days?
Message 91 of 129 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Yes, this is an extremely disappointing response.  I play rotationallyYou are telling me I must play your way, just one single household per gamefile, or my sims in currently unplayed households will forget their family, their loved ones, their rivals, their enemies.  You are telling me this is the game design and you have no intentions of fixing it for rotational players.

So yeah, you're essentially telling me to -f- off.

I haven't bought anything for TS4 for months, and given this, I won't be buying anything more.  I haven't played TS4 since the June/July patch, as I waited, fruitlessly, for the bugs from that patch to be fixed.  I was kinda figuring you weren't fixing the relationship bug, that EA was just stringing us along here, and that official response confirms my deduction.  I am SO done with being strung along.

So bye, Felicia.

Message 92 of 129 (1,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick This is also happening to me after the November patch or installing Snowy Escape, i am not sure. My sims forget their friends, i am like introducing each other for 10th time even they were friends before. It is not like decreasing relationship level, they completely disappear from relationships section. I will send my save files as soon as possible. Please fix this...

Message 93 of 129 (1,083 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★★★ Newbie

My two sims got married and had 5 kids! Then they got the message, that they are not best friends anymore. And I noticed that they forgot their relationship with each other. That they don't know each other at all!! I checked their family tree too and it doesn't show that they had kids together. It just shows that they alone had all those kids. I hate this bug. This family is so dear to me!!! Frown

Message 94 of 129 (1,025 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims forget already existing relationships

★★★ Novice

In my game, every relationship seems to be at risk except from family relations. I’ve had to reintroduce two best friends 3 times already. 
I made them best friends in college and now they are both adults with kids and in that time frame the forgot about each other a bunch of times. It’s so annoying. I’ve had ex boyfriends and girlfriends forget each other with a high relationship status or even people who had full romance and friendship relationships but weren’t formally dating. I’m so done with whatever this is. 

Message 95 of 129 (947 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I'm confused as to whether this is supposed to be happening still or if this is a bug. I feel like I don't remember it being this bad before. It seems weird that if a teen sim meets people everyday at school that they just un-know that person after a not talking and need to reintroduce themselves but it seems like my sim isn't meeting as many new people anymore. A game changer I am watching on youtube has been noticing this more and more as well where a played sim in the Dream Home Decorator career constantly needs to reintroduce themselves to their repeat clients.

Message 96 of 129 (853 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I wonder if the Cottage Living patch cased reintroduced this bug? The patch notes say they fixed something about relationships:

Step-Parent/Child relationships are no longer missing in the Genealogy Panel. Similarly, other cases of broken families in the Genealogy Panel have been fixed as well.

Message 97 of 129 (826 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This relationship decay/culling is so annoying. I don't want it in my game at all, I want stable relationships. My sims forget their friends, family members after short period of time (I have rotational gameplay, about 20 played households on one save). Please, could relationship decaying be an option to turn off in the menus? I hate it!

Message 98 of 129 (799 Views)

★★ Guide

If you are ok using mods you can use MC Command Center to prevent this.

Message 99 of 129 (781 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, I see this issue is still alive and well! I have a generational save, and around 11 "families" (households) placed in different worlds, and after time even my couples who had children forget about each other and stop being together without me doing that. I thought that maybe moving these families to "unplayed" households would just freeze their relationships somehow; sadly, it didn't! What a horrible and non-user-friendly feature :^(

Message 100 of 129 (747 Views)