[NEEDS SAVES] Sims enter shower/toilet, leave immediately without filling need

by Apollama

Original Post

Re: Sims enter shower/toilet, leave immediately withoutatisfying need.

Hero
@Apollama Would you mind sending me your save where it doesn't work ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 56 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Guide

I don't have DU, but when my sim was in Selvadarada I sent her to the bathroom to use it and then shower, then a 3rd task afterwards. She showered and went to the 3rd task. I had to cancel that task and click the bathroom 2x before she used it.

This was the bath/shower combo at the fishing pier near the village market.

Message 12 of 56 (1,275 Views)

Hero
@Apollama Do you put a talking toilet on the other lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 56 (1,253 Views)

EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 56 (1,215 Views)

Sim Immediately Gets Out of Tub/Shower Without Bathing

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Parenthood, Spooky Stuff, Kids' Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tell a Sim to bathe in any tub, shower, or combo.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim gets into the tub/shower and immediately gets back out. Hygiene need does not increase.
What do you expect to see? Sims should take a bath/shower and improves hygiene need.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update, repaired game

I tested all of the tubs, showers, and combos that I have and got the same result. I was playing on this same save file yesterday (also after the most recent update) and did not have this problem.

I should mention that I just aged a baby up to a toddler at the start of my play session today. I don't know if this could possibly be causing glitches somehow, but the last major glitch I was having also happened in a household with new toddlers, so I'm mentioning it in case.

Message 15 of 56 (1,204 Views)

Re: Sim Immediately Gets Out of Tub/Shower Without Bathing

[ Edited ]
Hero

@take_ninetynine As you don't have City Living, sounds like it can't be the talking toilet.

It could be the toddler causing the issue. It's usually something that prevents them from using the shower cause it's inappropriate (Causes vary from kitten to baby to urns and talking toilers - and yes, shouldn't happen).

If you send your toddlers to daycare or another floor, does it work ?

Did you mean to say no toddlers for the second one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 56 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Looks like it is the toddler, I sent him outside of the house and suddenly the mom was able to shower no problem. She does stop showering if the toddler comes into the bathroom, which makes sense if she won't even start bathing with him around.

And no, I did mean "new toddlers," as in toddlers that had only just aged up from babies. Standard smile I never learned whether the toddlers were the cause of the other glitch, though.

Message 17 of 56 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@take_ninetynine Sorry, I misread that.

EDIT: Found an older thread. QA is looking for saves, would you mind sending your to @SimGuruRitzy 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 56 (1,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm back, after some time playing, the error created itself again. With no mods or anything, I'm at a loss to what it might be. People are entering the toilet or shower, then leaving immediately. Everyone's walking around clenched or smelly... or both.

Message 19 of 56 (1,151 Views)

Hero
@Apollama Any of the following in your home

1. Babies
2. Toddlers
3. Talking toilets
4. Pets
5. Urns ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 56 (1,146 Views)