Re: Sims enter shower/toilet, leave immediately withoutatisfying need.

by TwinGoddessLA

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims enter shower/toilet, leave immediately without filling need

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a student enroll in university, select Tidal Tower dorm. I've uploaded my edited dorm under the same name, "Tidal Tower," to my gallery, username "Apollama."
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC's show clear indications that their bathroom needs are depleted, but are unable to engage with the shower and toilet objects consistently to satisfy those needs. Player characters will also enter and leave the shower/toilet without actually satisfying the need.
What do you expect to see? Sims properly engaging with bathroom appliances to satisfy need.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

NPC's show clear indications that their bathroom needs are depleted, but are unable to engage with the shower and toilet objects consistently to satisfy those needs. Player characters will also enter and leave the shower/toilet without actually satisfying the need.

I couldn't post my video examples with the original, but I have the files if they're needed.

(CM: edited to merge posts together. Tips on how to add additional info to a post can be found here.)

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 56 (6,185 Views)

Hero
@Apollama Did you delete your cache files after removing mods ?

- Does this happen in all dorms in the save or only the edited one ?
- Did you try a different save for testing to see if it happens there to ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 56 (6,112 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I am using a Windows 10 PC and have same issue. I do not/have never used any Mods or CC. Own all Sims 4 Expansions/Game/Stuff Packs. I have not really seen a correlation on what could be triggering it.

Message 3 of 56 (6,077 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this is related to the OPs issue. The talking toilet from CL can interrupt showers. Essentially the sims get distracted by the light show. This normally only occurs once. If the sims return to the shower it will complete normally. I don't think this is a bug, though, just an annoying feature that some developer though would be fun. It isn't, but nobody is perfect.

Message 4 of 56 (6,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Talk me through removing cache files... in documents/ElectronicArts/Sims4/cache there are only photos

I'll set up more sims in other dorms, there's still one left that's unedited. I'll also try setting up another save file.

Message 5 of 56 (6,036 Views)

Hero
@Apollama There's a detailed explanation here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 56 (6,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It also happens when there's a toddler on the potty. The sim gets in the shower and immediatly gets out. Same if they try to bathe another toddler while one is on the potty.

Message 7 of 56 (6,006 Views)

Hero
There's several instances of stuff interrupting the shower

The talking toilet has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Potty-Mouth-2-0-interrupts-bath/m-p/6938799
Don't think we have a thread for the toddler on potty but as I don't think that's the OPs issue, it's best to make a new thread for that.

Babies and Pets (and urns for that matter) are supposed to be fixed.

@Apollama If it doesn't happen in other dorms, what toilet/shower are you using ? I think there was another report where a certain shower type was causing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 56 (6,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Alright, for starters: Wiping the cache according to those instructions did not solve the issue, unfortunately.

The shower used is the same as the original unedited lot, the "EZPZ Shower" from the Discover University pack.

Looks like creating a new save solved the issue so far- just means I'll have to transfer everything from my other game over to a new save file. Can't say it's not a drag but I'd rather do that than deal with the bugs.

If there's any way at all though, I'd really like to find a fix to the problem. Completely starting fresh would kind of erase a few years of playing the game and require moving a LOT of Sims.

Message 9 of 56 (5,976 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am having this issue on residential lots.  I am using brand new saves.  The cache is clean.

Message 10 of 56 (5,955 Views)