Re: [CL] The "Uninvited random sims entering apartment" returns

by crinrict

Original Post

[CL] The "Uninvited random sims entering apartment" returns

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Cottage Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Dream Home Decorator, Werewolves, Luxury Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, Kid's Room Stuff Pack, Back Yard Stuff Pack, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff Pack, Fitness Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff Pack, My First Pet Stuff Pack, Moshino Stuff Pack, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack and Paranormal Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in an apartment during festivals or when you reload the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims I've not met or invited enters my apartment, even though I've locked it. Can't send them away either. They sleep in my bed, cook in my kitchen (don't even finish the cooking animation), use my toilet, easel and so on.
What do you expect to see? Random sims leaving me alone or me being able to call the cops on intruders. I want burglars but not like this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch leading up to the newest update for version 1.90.358.1030.

I know this was fixed but it's here again after the lats update. I've never had this issue before this, not even when this apparently was an issue last year. I've had neighbours coming in to me, and then they can't enter their own apartment, getting stuck outside for a while and then re-entering my apartment. Through locks I want to add!

Also random sims I've never even seen before.

This is happening on a completely new save file, because the update broke my other ones. Party hat

Message 21 of 30 (1,159 Views)

Hero
@Naraveth I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Could you send your save to EA as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (1,094 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I've sent my save and it's different back-up versions. Not gotten a response if they could open the saves though. Just guessing they got it since they've not said otherwise. Standard smile
Message 23 of 30 (1,069 Views)

Hero
@Naraveth I'm guess so to. Thanks for sending.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 30 (1,063 Views)

penthouse privacy problems

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.100.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Poolside Kit & Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Door lock problem, lack of control or effectiveness
What happens when the bug occurs? Strangers and paparazzis enter without invitation, looting garden and breaking stuff.
What do you expect to see? Better door lock mechanism or other privacy updates.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Look, I know this might not be a bug but a flawed feature but the penthouse "Torendi Tower" in San Myshuno (or possibly other penthouses too) privacy is severely maddening. Sure I can lock for EVERYONE but the household, but that makes friends and other non-household family members unable to enter. Not even key holders can bypass the lock.

But if I don't, paparazzis and STRANGERS just come inside the house, loot my vegetables and break my electronics I honestly just have the spellcaster inferniate them everytime because I'VE HAD ENOUGH. Please do an update on this? The celebrity gate isn't helping either because some of their friends aren't celebs!

Message 25 of 30 (941 Views)

Street Sims & Neighbors Walk through walls into my Locked apartment

★ Novice

I decided to do a clean sweep on my Sims 4 game and start fresh. I know...insane. 

So I created a sim in San Myshuno and placed her in an apartment. I bought her books and sat her down to start learning skills.

I used the motive decays cheat so that I could turn it up to ultra speed and have her read non stop.

This is where it gets weird.

I have the front door set to allow my sim only, but as time passes at ultra speed, people off the street or neighbors will glitch through her apartment wall and stand in a far corner trying to walk on. Once they have detemined they cannot walk on, they turn around and start doing things in the apartment...cooking, talking to plants, starting fires, etc. I have to unlock the door and eventually they leave. Once they leave, I relock the door, but it keeps happening.

The only Mods in my game are MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension and both are up to date. 

This only happens with the apartments. My other Sims who live in houses and my other saves do not have this problem.

Anyone else have this happen? Can it be prevented?

Message 26 of 30 (896 Views)

Re: Street Sims & Neighbors Walk through walls into my Locked apartment

Hero

HI @deekitty31 

Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (848 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims enter locked apartments/houses (1.76)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a slight variation of this issue, random sims keep entering through my gate and keep harvesting my plants. Issue is, my gate is locked to everyone but employees and household (and locked to the cat). I'm getting real sick of people barging into my yard and stealing my harvestables. 

Message 28 of 30 (802 Views)

random sims walking in my sims home and sleeping in my sims bed

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.2
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, every game pack except batuu, Perfect Patio Stuff, Kids room stuff, Movie hangout stuff, Backyard stuff, Vintage Glamour, Toddler stuff, Laundry Stuff, My first pet stuff, Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't really know probably just sit there and then Sims will walk into your Sims house
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will walk into my sim's house and they'll sleep in my sim's bed I can kick them out and then lock the door but the other random sims will still get in even if all the doors are locked for a little while I had the back door and front door locked for everyone and have the side door unlocked because they have a maid but then eventually those random sims found out that the side door was unlocked and started coming in I got my sims a new house now but I haven't played with that family in a while because of this so I don't know if it still does this with the new house
What do you expect to see? Sims not walking into my sim's house and sleeping in my sim's beds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I do not have any screenshots 

Message 29 of 30 (741 Views)

Re: random sims walking in my sims home and sleeping in my sims bed

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 30 (2,275 Views)