Re: Sims enter locked appartments (1.76)

by koshechka84

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims enter locked apartments/houses (1.76)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Do NOT have Eco Living, Snowy Escape EPs; Decorator, Tiny Living GPs; Nifty Knitting, Star Wars, Spooky, Paranormal SPs. Also do not have any Kit. Everything rest is present.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in any appartment in San Myshuno for some time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims enter appartment at any time no matter that the door loocked for everyone. Even No tresspassing is enabled. Still sims (not even met before) come inside without problems and start cleaning, talking or eating. Sometimes just standing and then leaving. Here comes another linked problem - the invited guests do not knock. Just stand somewhere. It all started after 1.76 patch
What do you expect to see? I want LOCKED doors working properly. If it is locked then no one should pass through. (with exception of allowed) I don't want some unknown sims walking through my house like on a street. Also I want sims knock on the door, when they arrive.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to 1.76

Sims enter appartment at any time no matter that the door loocked for everyone. Even No tresspassing is enabled.
Still sims (not even met before) come inside without problems and start cleaning, talking or eating. Sometimes just standing and then leaving.
Here comes another linked problem - the invited guests do not knock. Just stand somewhere. Because of that I can't see them sometimes.
It all started after 1.76 patch.

I want LOCKED doors work properly. If a door is locked then no one should pass through. (with exception of allowed)

I don't want some unknown sims walking through my house like on a street.
Also I want sims knock on the door, when they arrive.
Really sick and tired of these bugs.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 30 (6,524 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: random sims walking in my sims home and sleeping in my sims bed

Hero

Sims who would invite themselves over and make themselves a little too welcome have relearned their manners and should now knock.

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 30 (2,102 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@koshechka84 Would you mind sending me your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (6,432 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Sorry for the delay. I spent 2 days testing my game.

So I really do not know if it is a bug now. Or it is just some glitch...

I tested absolutely new game, without any mods. And everything was ok.

Then I added my saves and it was ok too.

Aslo I tested with all mods and everything works fine now.

I'm confused, because the problem was there before.

Still if you need my saves (it was saved when using mods, though as I did not save my testing ones).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QKVUv5Rbf97Cu5SsIE7g_lmC-36VXqAI/view?usp=sharing

Message 3 of 30 (6,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@koshechka84 I'm going to hold off for now if you no longer have the problem

Please make sure to come back if it re-occurs. We'll take it from there (or if someone else has the same issue).

There are several known causes that can make Sims enter your house/apartment. Maybe one of these apply to you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (6,406 Views)

Uninvited strangers show up at sims homes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Uninvited guests show up and won't leave like it's a hotel. The lot is set to residential not community.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random strangers show up uninvited and won't leave.
What do you expect to see? Random sims showing up at my house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Latest game patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 5 of 30 (6,476 Views)

Re: Uninvited strangers show up at sims homes

★ Guide

Just noticed myself when I moved into a rental lot that random sims just come and go on my house uninvited.. I even locked my doors but it didn't work!😖😖

Message 6 of 30 (6,451 Views)

Hero

@StripedRainbow Did you test without mods installed ? For this it's very important that it's tested on a vanilla game.

What are they doing in your home ? What neighborhood are you playing ?

There's still a few open issues for this. Does any of these apply to you

If it occurs with mods/cc removed (all of them), please send me your save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 30 (6,414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Still have this issue when I disable my mods. None of the above issues apply to the issue I’m having. Hopefully they will fix this in the next game patch since I know of other simmers who have this issue. They just invite themselves in the home without my sims inviting them. They hangout in the house, cook food, play on the computer, watch TV, etc even when the doors are locked. Ghosts are even coming in scaring my sins. It happens in all households  I play  in all neighborhoods.

Message 8 of 30 (6,396 Views)

Hero
@StripedRainbow I merged this with another report then

Would you mind sending me your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 30 (6,366 Views)

(City Living) People barging into apartment uninvited

★★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Bust The Dust Kit, Country Kitchen Kit and Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move your sim into any apartment in San Myshuno and play for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random sims (both friends and strangers) enter my sim's apartment without being invited in.
What do you expect to see? People to not come into my sim's apartment out of nowhere.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Some extra info: I've set the 'No Trespassing' on the front door to disallow anyone, but random sims still walk in off of the street. I also put the 'Private Dwelling' lot trait on the apartment, but that didn't help either. The only way to keep this issue somewhat at bay is to lock the door completely for everyone but household, however vampires with bat form can still fly into the apartment but won't leave even when using MCCC. 

Message 10 of 30 (6,330 Views)