[FIXED] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

by harvestpanda

Original Post

Re: Sims do not age up when blowing out birthday candles on cake.

★★★★★ Pro
Message 41 of 82 (952 Views)

Re: Sims do not age up when blowing out birthday candles on cake.

Hero
@megabelle3 Merged your post with the existing bug report.

Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 82 (928 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

Community Manager (retired)

We've recently been able to reproduce this with toddlers but not any other age groups, we're still looking for more save files, thanks so much for all the help! You can DM me the link to your save, much appreciated Standard smile

Instructions for sharing your save with me: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 82 (883 Views)

Sim not aging up after blowing out candles

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to have a child sim age up
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will blow out the candles and other sims around will celebrate, but the sim will not age up.
What do you expect to see? The sim aging up into a teen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated my game

I tried to age up my child sim into a teen but when I had her blow out the candles she didn't age up. I tried it again and it didn't work. I then tried all of the other ways to age up with birthday candles, but none of these worked. I removed all of my mods and attempted to age her up again but the same thing happened.

Message 44 of 82 (877 Views)

Re: Sim not aging up after blowing out candles

Hero
@wr3nbird I merged your post with the master thread.

Could you send your save to Nick as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 82 (840 Views)

Sims still won’t age up with a cake

★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.41
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batu and Snowy Escape.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim of any age blow out the candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims celebrate but the sim who blew out the candles doesn’t age up. The symbol appears at the bottom as though they should but then they just wander off and do something else.
What do you expect to see? The sim should age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been having to cheat the Sims aging up since last summer now and it’s getting annoying. I have baked every type of cake possible. Changed counters. Deleted items to give them space. Tried with every age. Nothing, for over a year. Now when I take them into CAS to change their age the game doesn’t recognise the change. It won’t give them homework. It won’t make them a mermaid/vampire etc when they become teens. It doesn’t reset the aging bar. For example if I age them from child to teen with 3 days left, when they become teens they only have 3 days until they become adults. 

Message 46 of 82 (828 Views)

Aging-up doesn't work with all cakes

★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs, except for the new Courtyard Oasis-kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to age up a teen using a cake with birthday candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? I attempted to age up the teenage sim by blowing out the candles on the cake. At first, I had a black and white cake (black with white decor), and tried to make a wish. The candles got blown out, the action got marked as complete in the birthday event, and the relevant moodlets got added to the sims. But the sim did not age up. I tried again with a new cake (as the previous cake got eaten). This time I tried with a honey cake. I tested all the different options for aging up a sim with the cake, (kept replacing the candles after each try). And still nothing happened - except for added moodlets. I then tried to change the game settings, as I normally play with aging off. Switched it to on, and tried aging up again. > Same issue. I attempted to travel away from the lot and back again > same issue Opened and closed CAS, which tends to fix many bugs > same issue I switched aging back off and tried a third cake - the standard white cream cake. Added candles and blew them out. This time the sim aged up, and also got teleported to the other side of the wall in the process.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to age up when using the age up options on all cakes that can have birthday candles.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The attached screenshots show the different cakes tested. Only the white cake worked out of the three.

The second picture is in reference to the location of the cake when the candles was blown out, and where the sim got teleported to.

Message 47 of 82 (712 Views)

Re: Aging-up doesn't work with all cakes

Hero
@Cilja Merged your post. Could you send your save to Nick as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 82 (677 Views)

my sim only ages up on a counter

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions(expect for cottage living),game packs:dineout,spa day, vampires, parenthood, jungle adventure, stuff packs:laundry day, nifty knitting, tiny living,moschino, toddler,bowling night, vinatge glamour, kids room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim age up using the birthday cake
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim wont age up unless the cake is on a counter, before i could on an island or a table now i cant
What do you expect to see? that i can age up my sim on any table/island not only on a counter
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

let my sim age up not only using the counter!!!

Message 49 of 82 (807 Views)

Re: my sim only ages up on a counter

Hero

@sgw2017 

For birthday cakes, you have to watch where you place them, island counters especially.  After a sim cooks one, they don't always put them in the right place so they work for a birthday. So try moving them around a little to find the right spot.  If you get the Add Candles option, then it should work then.  If the option is greyed out, then it won't.  Same for tables.  You have to make sure they are in the right spot.

Hope this helps.

Message 50 of 82 (783 Views)