Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

by Shaerra

Original Post

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods) and are willing to share save files, instructions are here

Edit: @Shaerra  Apologies my bad I mistakenly added a space in the end of the link which I have removed now and hyperlinked to the text "here". I have verified the link from my end if anyone of you still not able to access the link let me know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 82 (1,081 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Hi,

the link isn't working. Claims I need to be logged in to use, I am logged in.

I currently don't have any issues now, and have played the family until the twins I was having issues with have now their own families. I can probably recreate the problem with a new saved file, I think as it was related to a house i had built a while ago and added onto. 

I don't use mods, only cheat codes occasionally.

I just remembered my daughter's saved game is/was having issues, kids walking outside to the same spot to age up. 

Shiae

Message 12 of 82 (1,063 Views)

Sims 4 Broken Age Up

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the new update I've had trouble with aging up Sims. This has happened mostly with teen Sims aging up to young adult. I prepare the birthday cake, add the candles, put it on the center of a table/counter, and they will blow out the candles. But nothing happens. I have to use the full edit mode cheat to age them up now. Is anyone else having this issue? 

Oh, and on top of that, kids aging up to teen, they don't have high school homework in their inventory any more. Did EA just combine the grade school and high school homework?

Message 13 of 82 (1,060 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Broken Age Up

Hero
@SwordRune14179 You can just buy highschool homework on the book shelf.

It probably just doesn't get created properly cause of the age up issue.

I merged your thread with the bug report. Please send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 82 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Link is working now.

Followed the directrions (hopefully) and this should be the link to the saved games

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArHPH0TbpaKugpFUreGiYNaU2wq6aw?e=7Q8vo0

The Original family with the original issue was the Whelan which now reside in Del Sol Valley.

The Whelan in Windenburg is the copy in the original house that had the issue. I recreated a family with twins, tried to age up and same thing, kids drop to feet and nothing happened. 

Hope that helps

Shaerra

Message 15 of 82 (1,016 Views)

Aging Not Working

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Discover University, Get famous, Get to work, Seasons, Dine out, Realm of magic, Spa day, cool kitchen stuff, laundry day stuff, perfect patio, tiny living & vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake a cake and add candles then select ANY of the options that are designed to "Age Up" your sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim performs the interaction and those surrounding them celebrate but the sim does not progress to age (e.g. by remaining a child and not having the aging up interaction enter their queue).
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to increase in age
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that it says fixed this problem seems to have started it in my game

My child sim will not age by herself. I tried seeing if my adult sims could still age and they did. After the adults aged I tried the child again and it worked that time but it won't let me solely age the child sim. 

Message 16 of 82 (1,004 Views)

Re: Aging Not Working

Message 17 of 82 (989 Views)

Re: Aging Not Working

Hero
@theseguysaretoo I merged your post with the current bug report on this.

Could you send your save to QA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 82 (969 Views)

return of the Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles.

★★★★ Guide

I know this was "supposedly" fixed in a patch, but the feature seems to be broken again. I'm trying to age my child sim into a teen. I'm using the birthday cake, and every time she, blows out the candles the cake resets and she remains a child. HELP!

Message 19 of 82 (935 Views)

Return of: Child Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Up to date as of the Pre: Paranormal Stuff Pack
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Journey to Batu, Mochisno and Bowling.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and age up a child sim into a teenager using the birthday cake.
What happens when the bug occurs? The cake resets and the birthday sim remains a child.
What do you expect to see? The child aging up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this was "supposedly" fixed in a patch, but the feature seems to be broken again. I'm trying to age my child sim into a teen. I'm using the birthday cake, and every time she blows out the candles the cake resets and she remains a child.

Message 20 of 82 (946 Views)