Re: Unable to Age Up Child and Teen

by Shaerra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, game pack, and stuff pack EXCEPT for Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and age up a teen or child.
What happens when the bug occurs? The candles disappear from the cake but the child/teen just stands there. They get the cake moodlet but they don't age up.
What do you expect to see? A screen pop up to choose their new personality trait/aspiration and for the sim to age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This bug is only for teens and children, which is super annoying because I'm in the middle of the 100 baby challenge. Aging up babies, toddlers, young adults, and adults works just fine. I have tried every option: blow out candles, make a wish, taste frosting, and none of them work. And yes I do have the most recent patch installed that supposedly fixed this issue.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title 

Message 1 of 82 (4,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Why will my sim not age up?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Children, teens, young adults, and adult Sims who blow out the candles on their cake now should age up reliably. Happy birthday! We still are investigating the problem for toddlers.

Fixed in Patch 1.91.205/1.64

Issue for toddlers is still being looked into. Use this thread if you have it for toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Toddlers-don-t-age-up-with-cake/td-p/10265082

If you still have issues for other SIms or they still teleport before aging up, create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 82 of 82 (1,605 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@harvestpanda For me they still teleport but then do age up. Maybe there's nor room in your case ? Could you try another household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 82 (4,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict That's so weird, I did move the cake to a different location and it suddenly works now? Thank you!
Message 3 of 82 (4,754 Views)

Hero
@harvestpanda Sounds like it's still bugged though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 82 (4,723 Views)

Aging a sim by blowing out candles on cake still not working.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC:1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work,Get Together,City Living,Cats & Dogs,Seasons,Get Famous,Island Living,Outdoor Retreat,Spa Day,Dine Out,Vampires,Parenthood,Jungle Adventure,StrangerVille,Realm of Magic,Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff,Cool Kitchen Stuff,Spooky Stuff,Movie Hangout Stuff,Romantic Garden Stuff,Kids Room Stuff,Backyard Stuff,Vintage Glamour Stuff,Bowling Night Stuff,Fitness Stuff,Toddler Stuff,Laundry Day Stuff,My First Pet Stuff,Moschino Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim blow out candles on a cake in a room.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. The sim doesn't age up.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since yesterday’s update I was very excited to play again. Before, I was taking a break from playing and waiting for all the bugs to be fixed. Yeah…Disappointed

Katrina Caliente had a birthday party and was blowing out candles to become an elder…and nothing happened. I tried multiple times- nothing. Then I had her blow out the candles outside and she magically did age up! I do not know if this is a new bug or the old one just wasn’t fixed, but it's sure bugged again. Also, I don’t know yet if my other sims can age up, since before they were all stuck and no one was aging. Will look into this.

Message 5 of 82 (4,700 Views)

★★★ Guide
@harvestpanda I have this issue as well, but I figured out what was glitching out, at least for me. When I set the cake on the table they refused to spin, but when I moved the cake to the counter with more space around it they are able to do the birthday spin and age up. It is still glitched because there was enough room for them to age up at the table before, but at least now I have a workaround.
Message 6 of 82 (4,643 Views)

★★ Novice

Am trying to age up two of my toddlers, but no matter where I put the cake, they won't. Just drop at the parent's feet and do nothing. Frown

Message 7 of 82 (4,602 Views)

Sims wont age up 17/12/2020

★★★★★ Apprentice

HiStandard smile

As of today, my children sims wont age up. She has the same birthday as he mother who is YA to adult. The second time now I tried her to blow candle and nothing happen. Her mother age up and suddenly she "glithy' appear outside same like the father in previous day. If nothing happen I will edit her on CAS type in cas.fulleditmode then. Which is annoying.

Message 8 of 82 (4,572 Views)

Re: Sims wont age up 17/12/2020

Hero
@mohammadali118 I merged your post with the current bug report.

Try if it works if you move the cake to another location.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 82 (4,535 Views)

Re: Sims wont age up 17/12/2020

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@mohammadali118I merged your post with the current bug report.

Try if it works if you move the cake to another location.

I moved it to different locations, different houses, eventually I had to set the household as unplayed, play another sim for a while then go back and the kids had aged up. I played with the house, turned out there was an invisible wall seperating the kitchen and other areas, removed that and still nothing. I'm dreading the other 3 toddlers who are coming up. 

Message 10 of 82 (4,510 Views)