Re: Problems occurs on aging up!

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Age up menu not popping up sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iBaconPancakesYT I merged your post with the bug report.

Do make sure it's not mods that's the issue for you though

EA is looking for saves so could you send yours as per this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

THanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 82 (878 Views)

My sims won’t age up with the cake

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.39
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco lifestyle Discover uni Island living Get famous Seasons Cats and dogs City living Get together Get to work Realm of magic Stranger like Jungle adventure Parenthood Vampires Done out Spa day Outdoor retreat Nifty knitting Tiny living Moschino My first pet Laundry day Toddler Fitness Bowling night Vintage glamour Backyard Kids room Romantic garden Movie hangout Spooky Cool kitchen Perfect patio Luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make multiple sims interact with the cake to age up. Any interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? They sims blow out the candles and then just stare at the cake. They never age up.
What do you expect to see? The sims should age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims won’t age up when interacting with the birthday cake. It’s been happening since the skin tone slider update. I have made new cakes. Tried all the interactions, make a wish, blow out candles etc. I have quit and restarted. I have tried multiple sims over multiple age ranges. I don’t know what else to do. Any thoughts?

Message 32 of 82 (851 Views)

Re: My sims won’t age up with the cake

Hero
@Bookishbeth96 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Could you send your save to EA as instructed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 82 (830 Views)

Re: My sims won’t age up with the cake

★★ Novice

Okay cool. I didn’t realise there was a main thread about this. Thanks 😊

Message 34 of 82 (821 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

★★★ Guide
@harvestpanda I've found birthday cakes are not working in my NEW save unless they are on a kitchen island. They will NOT work on a table for some reason.
Message 35 of 82 (786 Views)

Problems occurs on aging up!

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims™ 4 Parenthood, The Sims™ 4 Seasons, The Sims™ 4 Kids Room Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Island Living, The Sims™ 4 Fitness Stuff, The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs, The Sims™ 4 Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After a sim blew a candle or make a wish on a birthday cake
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to age up
What do you expect to see? Sims to age up accordingly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims did not age up after blowing a candle or make a wish on a birthday cake.

Message 36 of 82 (773 Views)

Re: Problems occurs on aging up!

Hero
@VergeTears Merged you post with the main thread.

Could you send your save to EA as asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 82 (760 Views)

So much for the birthday party.

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, Holiday Celebration, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar, Country Kitchen Kit and the Bust The Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Queue Sim to bake any cake to which birthday candles can be applied. After queuing any command that will cause a Sim to age up, the sim will perform the action but will not to the spinning jump or age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims of all ages do not age up after making a cake and performing a command that would normally age them up.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims won't age up using cakes. No commands work.
Also this is a side note but I've found that if a Sim is hungry, they'll start making meals incessantly. They won't stop to eat and just continue to make plates and plates of food.

Message 38 of 82 (702 Views)

Re: So much for the birthday party.

★★ Novice

Actually I've noticed that too. 

Message 39 of 82 (692 Views)

Sims do not age up when blowing out birthday candles on cake.

★★★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except for Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bake any cake, put birthday candles on it, have any sim blow out candles to trigger age up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims can blow out the candles and will get the birthday moodlet but will not actually age up.
What do you expect to see? I expect sims to age up when they blow out birthday candles on a cake.

Sims do not age up when blowing out birthday candles on cake.

Message 40 of 82 (1,017 Views)