Sims not aging up when they blow out birthday candles

by Hannah1001

Original Post

Re: Return of: Child Sim doesn't age up by blowing out candles.

Hero
@halloweenchild13 I merged your post with the current thread on it. Could you please send your save to QA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-don-t-age-up-on-birthday-Still-teleport-Patch...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 82 (845 Views)

Re: Unable to Age Up Child and Teen

★★ Apprentice

based on some trial and error it appears to be an issue with putting the cake on one of the new counter tops from snow escape.  seems especially to be an issue of that countertop is on a platform.

Message 22 of 82 (830 Views)
Highlighted

Sims not aging up when they blow out birthday candles

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sims are not aging up when they blow out the birthday candles. Does anyone have a solution? 

Message 23 of 82 (819 Views)

Sims not aging up after blowing out birthday candles

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - Snowy Escape, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, City Living, Discover University Game Packs - Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out Stuff Packs - Luxury Party, Glamour, Toddler, My first pet, kids room, romantic garden, laundry day, backyard, perfect patio, cool kitchen, movie hangout, fitness, moschino, tiny living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a cake, add candles. Blow out candles
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does not age up
What do you expect to see? Sim aging up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - Snowy Escape, Get Famous, Get Together, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Island Living, City Living, Discover University Game Packs - Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out Stuff Packs - Luxury Party, Glamour, Toddler, My first pet, kids room, romantic garden, laundry day, backyard, perfect patio, cool kitchen, movie hangout, fitness, moschino, tiny living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make cake, add candles. Blow out candles
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim doesn't age up after blowing out the candles
What do you expect to see? Sim aging up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 24 of 82 (813 Views)

Re: Sims not aging up when they blow out birthday candles

Hero
@Hannah1001 Merged your post. Please send your save to EA as asked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 82 (789 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims don't age up on birthday/Still teleport (Patch 1.69)

★★★★★ Novice
@harvestpanda do we know is there a separate thread for adults? I've had this occur for all age groups in the same family Frown
Message 26 of 82 (728 Views)

Can't age up!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ..
What happens when the bug occurs? ..
What do you expect to see? ..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I know this was marked as fixed but I can't age up my vampires. Noticed this when I wanted to age up my vampire teen.

Message 27 of 82 (721 Views)

Re: Can't age up!

Hero
@SisterGloomy Merged your post with the current thread.

Could you send your save to EA ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 82 (684 Views)

Age up menu not popping up sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ive been having this problem for a while now and I'm not sure how to fix it. My sims will blow out their candles, do their little spin, and age up. But the menu to choose their trait doesn’t pop up. Therefore I have to use mcc to edit them and change their trait instead. I have UI cheats installed as a mod and I'm not quite sure if thats whats the problem, but I really would like an answer on how to fix this and have the age up menu appear even if its as simple as going into base game settings

Message 29 of 82 (689 Views)

Re: Age up menu not popping up sims 4

Champion (Retired)

@iBaconPancakesYT 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 30 of 82 (662 Views)