[NEEDS SAVES] Sims cancel eating Leftovers (No drink)

by tiarron

Original Post

Sim won't eat

★★ Novice

When I direct my sim to eat leftovers, she sits down and does nothing for a few seconds, then gets up and puts the plate down, never eating a bite. Leftovers seem to be the worst, but eating in general is just super glitchy. 

Message 11 of 15 (472 Views)

Re: Sim won't eat

Hero
@beckyfern92 Merged this with the current bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 15 (415 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cancel eating Leftovers (No drink)

★★★ Novice

This just started happening to my sim (August 26, 2020) after the most recent August update. My sim grabs leftover, sits at table and the eating icon goes away. When I click "eat food", my sim gets up from the table, sits down at a different seat, and does not eat the food. Same thing happens if I click "eat food" again. Sim goes from seat to seat throughout the house without eating, even though my character's hunger is in the red. I'm going to try restarting, hoping that will help. I've never had this happen before today. Sim was eating fine when I started the game this morning, and after a few hours now the sim won't eat no matter what. I didn't realize this was only for grabbing left overs.

Message 13 of 15 (368 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims cancel eating Leftovers (No drink)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone encountering this issue possibly share a save file with me? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much for the help!

Instructions for sending me your save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 15 (350 Views)

Sim Won't Eat Meals

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Im not sure if someone could tell me how to check but I'm assuming the newest version for PS4 users
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs, Realm of magic, Jungle Adventure, ParentHood, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, My first Pet Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and then both free stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Im not sure i understand this question is asking.
What happens when the bug occurs? At first my sim would have a table close to the wall which has 2 chairs on opposite sides. His moodlet turned on causing him to obviously cancel his current task (which was, at the time watching the sports channel.)and sit at the table which had food in front of him. he sat there clueless and after a while just canceled the action. I thought the table was the issue so i went into build mode and deleted the table. Tried again, telling him to get leftovers out the fridge. The he grabbed it out the fridge and then sat it down on the tv stand.
What do you expect to see? him eat the food lol
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't Really Do this now

Message 15 of 15 (302 Views)