by theslowesthnery

Original Post

Re: Sims being mean for no reason

★★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you I will
Message 41 of 110 (3,210 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Hey! sorry for the late reply!
They have yet to be mean to each other since using the cheat you mentioned.
The sim who was on the target of the mean interactions still has a "smooth apology" social option that doesn't seem to go away.
Message 42 of 110 (3,168 Views)

Hero
@lamebabe Glad to hear it's gotten better. Maybe they still have some hidden moodlet that triggers the interaction to be visible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 110 (3,152 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks again for all your help! I really appreciate it (:
Message 44 of 110 (3,135 Views)

Random Abhorrent Confrontation

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have NPCs in a group conversation
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims begin being mean to each other for no reason
What do you expect to see? Pleasant conversations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This happens all the time. If NPCs are in a group, even if the player is in one (though this does not happen between played Sims), the conversation randomly becomes an abhorrent confrontation. When this happens, Sims, even good friends, will start being mean to each other unprovoked. I'm unsure if this is a bug or a feature, but it is extremely annoying. All of my roommates in university are Sims from other legacies, so it often runs the risk of ruining whatever story I'm telling. I have to keep them in a club all the time with being mean prohibited, but even then, friendly interactions and funny interactions will start to fail.

It seems to happen most often in group conversations when one Sim gets the social context, all of them will start being mean to each other. Because of the aforementioned club, I know they aren't being mean to each other prior to this happening. I troubleshot it and it seems they randomly get the bit for the social context, and it doesn't go away until I manually remove it and replace it with a conflicting bit like casual discussion or pleasant conversation.

Again, this doesn't happen between played Sims; in households where you control everyone, I don't run into any issues. It's solely when NPCs are around.

EDIT by crinrict: Removed tag. Tags are added for organisational purposes. Please only add pack tags yourself.

Message 45 of 110 (3,103 Views)

Re: Random Abhorrent Confrontation

Hero
@lazarusinashes Merged your post with the main thread.

What NAPs do you have active in your hood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 110 (3,072 Views)

Re: Random Abhorrent Confrontation

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Oh whoops, thank you. This seems to be a different problem than mine though; Sims aren't mean until they get the social context, then they're mean.

No NAPs. I have NPC voting disabled. 

Message 47 of 110 (3,040 Views)

Sims Being Unpromptedly Rude? Automatic Mean Interactions When Not In Control

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living, Moschino, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a good relationship with any Sim. i.e Married Sims, parent and child, best friends, etc. And let them autonomously converse. It's not every interaction, though given long enough the Sim that you have selected will begin to do mean interactions unprompted.
What happens when the bug occurs? I leave my Sims to converse with one another after setting them up with a few friendly interactions, when I check up on them it's turned into mean interactions with no reason attached to it (no traits, sentiments, lot types, child phases, etc.) I was having issues where my good, family orientated Sim would be doing mean interactions with his wife and children, when all their friendship and romantic bars would be full. Even when I kept him selected, in the queue he would try and initiate mean interactions. I've since started a new save file and my current Sim has a girlfriend, again the social bars were 100% full both in romance and friendship, though out of the blue my Sim broke up with her, and they hadn't even initiated a conversation. The crumbling heart animation just played and I got the notification to say they broke up. Again no reason attached to it.
What do you expect to see? Mean interactions to not be initiated by free will with Sims who have 100% friendship and/or romantic relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

If I get rid of the mean interaction from the queue, it will immediately get replaced with another mean interaction. It's impacting my gameplay as while I'm juggling an 8 Sim household, I don't want to have to worry about whether or not my Sims are breaking their relationships with one another in the background! I really like the sentiments system, though it also becomes a pain due to this bug. I don't want my couple to have bitter or sad sentiments against one another when I'm trying to make them happy. 

Message 48 of 110 (2,906 Views)

Re: Sims Being Unpromptedly Rude? Automatic Mean Interactions When Not In Contro

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I just had this happen as well. Father and son (young adult and child) playing chess, and the father gets autonomous mean dialogue options at the child. I paused as he was in the middle of 'Nag'. Then I checked SimsInfo mod. Didn't find anything strange in Hidden Traits, but then I looked into Interactions/ActionQueue Info tab and found that he had:

Insult (mixer_social_Insult_mean_STC):

ID: 4363 in AutonomyBucket

Group ID: 4363

Target: (son't name)

Target ID: (son's ID)

Is Visible: Visible

Priority: Low

Parameters: None

Autonomy Advertisements: None

I have no idea what is causing it, though, but figured that sharing the code here might be of help to solving the problem if devs look into it.

They're Good Friends, father has Adoring sentiment about his son, son was toddler still like few hours ago and there hasn't been any negative sentiments between them. Father is Self-Assured, Loves Outdoors and Adventurous, son is Loves Outdoors. Father does have Adrenaline Seeker lifestyle (also Outdoorsy and People Person) and I'm now wondering if the "Avoids boring conversations" part of the Adrenaline Seeker causes this somehow, but surely it wouldn't make an adoring parent be mean to their child?

Son is currently inspired, father is confident, although I do also see he has two bored moodlets overpowered by that confidence. One is +2 for No Action, No fun (from adrenaline seeker lifestyle) and the other is +1 Been There, Done That (from being bored of a skill). 

Edit: they were in the onsen in the snowy area in Mt. Komorebi when they were playing chess. Two of the four lots up there are residential (onsen and one rental obviously not), the residential two have the NAPs of Rock Your Body, Self-Sufficiency, Eco-Friendly Appliances, Upcycling Initiatives. Before I changed the NAPs to those, there was water and energy conservation, performing arts, and roughhousing, but I don't see any roughhousing remnants in their hidden traits. ...although father and mother do have hidden traits for creative arts and greengardening civic policies, probably got stuck from their previous neighborhood (they moved up the mountain not so long ago).

Message 49 of 110 (2,807 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem. I play with a married couple whose friendship and romance bars are completely full, and one of them every now and then does a mean interaction (usually "Call big loser") towards his husband even when the conversation is pleasant and both are in positive moods with only positive moodlets. The sim in question has the hot-headed trait, but he doesn't have an angry moodlet from it active when he does the mean interactions. They'll be having a nice conversation with just the two of them and then suddenly the mean interaction gets queued out of nowhere, and I'm not always quick enough to notice it to cancel it. If I do cancel it, the sim will usually just immediately try again.

Edit to add: I don't have Eco Lifestyle, so I have no NAPs.

Message 50 of 110 (2,745 Views)