Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sims that are in a romantic relationship together or that are trying to do romance interactions autonomously do mean interactions to each other for no reason whatsoever.
What happens when the bug occurs? When two sims that have a romantic relationship are having a conversation together, one of them starts doing mean interactions to the other for no reason. When cancelling the mean interaction, the sim tries to do it again immediately after. Also when flirting with another sim, the other starts yelling to the sim and doing other mean interactions randomly just like in the first example. The romance bar is impossible to get up because of the autonomous interactions. These sims are in a positive mood most of the time and they have no negative traits that would cause them to suddenly want to do so many mean interactions.
What do you expect to see? Sims not doing negative interactions to eachother when flirting, even when they have no negative traits or moodlets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure if this occurred before the latest patch because I haven't played in a while but I have never seen sims act so negatively towards each other so no reason, especially when both their friendly and romance bars are the highest they can go. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title,

Message 1 of 110 (67,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey all,

If you started seeing this behavior only after the October 11th patch, please use this thread instead as we are tracking these as 2 separate issues.

EACade

View in thread

Message 110 of 110 (23,235 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims autonomously do mean interactions for no reason

★★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen to me too since the latest patch. My sims who are married they were in a flirty mood and there relationship is full to romantic and there friendship is too and whenever they flirt toward each other or interact for some reason out of nowhere they would do a mean interaction and I'm like what the heck? This never happens with my sims before. I used to have this happen if they were in a angry mood or if they had gotten into a fight with each other before they apologize toward each other especially if the conversation was unpleasant. But I've never had them fight toward each other when they were in a good mood or flirty. I find this odd that this would be happening in my game. I hope they get this fixed.

Message 2 of 110 (67,440 Views)

Hero
@Masa136 What NAPs are active in your neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 110 (67,398 Views)

★ Guide

Has the one doing the mean things got a negative sentiment to their partner?

Message 4 of 110 (67,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I only had the Promote Creative Arts NAP active. I've checked for possible causes for this behaviour but as far as I can tell, I've found nothing.

Message 5 of 110 (67,352 Views)

Hero
@Masa136 what kind of mean interactions are they doing ? is it the same always or does it differ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 110 (67,344 Views)

Hero
@Masa136 Any clue what kind of mean interactions they are doing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 110 (67,289 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul sul everyone!

We're investigating this issue but if people are willing to share save files with us that would actually help our team a lot!

Here's a link to the instructions on how to send save files to our team.

Thanks all and Happy Simming!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 110 (67,273 Views)

Sims being mean for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.37
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except JtB
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing with the sims
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims chat with each other
What do you expect to see? Sims not being mean when there are no mean/evil traits or angry moodlets
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Sims are being mean to each other without having the mean/evil traits or being angry. Anyone else has noticed this in their game? It’s really frustrating. I’m also playing on a haunted lot if that could be a reason??

EDIT: I have figured it out from some other simmers on here. Sentiments are actually kinda permanent (even the positive ones lol why they market sentiments as temporary feelings when they really aren't...). If a sim is angry and is mean to another sim behind your back then that can cause a sentiment between them to go unnoticed by you. Long after the sentiment expires it creates a "relationship sentiment bit" which is permanent unless removed by using debug cheats. Enter in the debug cheats and shift click on the target sim and select "remove relationship bit" and remove the negative sentiment bit. Do this to BOTH sims just in case they have had negative sentiments mutual to eachother. No mods necessary. Just debug cheats activated. 

Message 9 of 110 (67,187 Views)

Re: Sims being mean for no reason

Hero
@iamoz96 What NAPs do you have active in your neighborhood ?

Is this your played Sims or NPCs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 110 (67,135 Views)