by migelito_c776

Original Post

Re: Dead sims and neglected children?

★★★ Newbie

Everyone is having this glitch and its not mods or cc so tell us how to fix it

Message 41 of 86 (2,879 Views)

Re: need bars not working/sims starving to death

★★★★★ Newbie
@migelito_c776 THIS. This is the EXACT right description for this issue.
Message 42 of 86 (2,848 Views)

Re: need bars not working/sims starving to death

★★ Novice

So i found the backup and was able to play again.  i figured a couple things out.  The need bars are not draining any faster.  i don't think, at least they are draining the same for all sims.  for the affected sim, what happens is that the lowering of the needs bars stops triggering all effects that should be related to them.  need bars stay green at all levels.  sims will move to address the need bars, but only if they are not doing anything else.  they don't seem to have any priority assigned to the task, hence sims dying in their sleep. also external trigger may have stopped.  i noticed the affected sim had low hygiene, but the other sims smelling something bad emote never happened.

Message 43 of 86 (2,833 Views)

Starvation and needs bar color error

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? General game play. When playing sims needs decay but do not change colour. They also do not sort out their needs e.g. going to toilet when need is higher.
What happens when the bug occurs? Mostly occurs after full Sim day
What do you expect to see? Sims needs colours will be incorrect (yellow when need bar is high, green when need bar is low). If not continuously playing same sims they do not feed themselves and will die of starvation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

no additional information

Message 44 of 86 (2,806 Views)

Re: Sims Dying of Starvation in One Day

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Origin PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Always
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, including the most recent HSY
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In game needs bars do not change colour. There are also no associated moodlets. If a bar does become yellow then filling the need will not return the bar to green - it will stay yellow. If a sim is hungry or tired I receive no moodlet to indicate this.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims die of starvation without warning.
What do you expect to see? Need bars and moodlets functioning correctly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Most recent patch upon release of High School Years. Bug did not occur before this.

Is this a mod issue? Has anyone figured out which one it is yet? Thank goodness I was able to plead with Grim but there was no indication to suggest that my sim was going to die while playing chess.

Message 45 of 86 (2,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@NiaBlack I am having the same issue.
Message 46 of 86 (2,703 Views)

Hero

Please both test without mods/cc to make sure that's not the issue for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 86 (2,693 Views)

My need bar in sims is messing up

★★★ Newbie

So I'll be playing thinking my need are all up even look and there up and then my sim will die of starvation or the hunger bar will be full but it will be yellow so I feed them alot and they still die so sad I've had to have my needs on no decay and even then ... I hope there's a new update soon to fix this 

Message 48 of 86 (2,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

This just started happening to me too when in Selvadora. My sim isn't anywhere near starving - motive shows as fine, but she's died of starvation three times now. I've tried removing mods and the same thing happens. Frown 

Message 49 of 86 (2,395 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I removed Slice of Life entirely and I think this has fixed the issue. I miss the emotion overlays but now my sims aren't dying so... I'll live without.

Message 50 of 86 (2,357 Views)