[NEEDS SAVES] Sim won't travel when invited out

by katrath

Original Post

Invited on Date by NPC wont go, since updated June 5th

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an NPC invite your player character to their house or on a date, accept the invitation
What happens when the bug occurs? After accepting the invite the player sim never goes
What do you expect to see? I expect to see them go on the date, or to the NPC's home
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update and the install of the new X-pack - Eco Living

I have disabled my customer mods and content and still wont leave the house...all the sudden I have a bunch of introverts I guess. (no they are not set with that trait). 

I cant tell you if this happened after the recent 6/4 update or after the install of Eco Living.

Message 11 of 79 (6,324 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim won't travel when invited out

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

oh thank god im not the only one, ive got this issue too, but i use mods, so i was going crazy removing and replacing stuff trying to find out what could possibly cause it; but then even when i tested WITHOUT ANY MODS, i still got the same problem. Frown

EDIT: i dont even have the new eco pack; i just got the glitch when the patch that added ladders and such happened.

Message 12 of 79 (6,164 Views)

Invitations to hangout from NPC not working.

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Friend Invites to hangout.
What happens when the bug occurs? Absolutely nothing. I accept the invitation to go out or hangout and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? My sim going out to eat or to the friends home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading ECO Lifestyle.

Nothing to attach

Message 13 of 79 (6,143 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim won't travel when invited out

★ Apprentice

I noticed the same thing. I have Eco Lifestyle, too. Also, I was playing Ernest Douglas and had him visit someone’s house. Before I even had a chance to make him knock on the door, he was upstairs “trying for a baby” with the person’s roommate! He got her pregnant, had the baby, and now she’s nowhere to be found in the game. He can invite her over and chat, but I cannot find her in “manage households.”  Also, Ernest has a “soundwave” thing coming from his chest all the time. I don’t know what it’s for or how to get rid of it. 

Message 14 of 79 (6,114 Views)

Re: Invitations to hangout from NPC not working.

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, but I don't have Eco Lifestyle (just the updated patch). I have mods too, I thought it could be one like Personality Please or Meaningful Stories breaking with the new update? Do you have either of those?

Message 15 of 79 (6,113 Views)

Sim won’t go out with the other sim

★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Spa day, outdoor retreat, perfect patio stuff, cool kitchen stuff pack and Moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim can send a flirty or happy message to the other sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim won’t leave with the other sim and they would just stand there
What do you expect to see? I want my sim to go out with the other sim
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

‌My sim won’t go out with the other sim when I give them either a flirty or happy message 

Message 16 of 79 (6,096 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fellfrmgrace

@imtherealbob91 

I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 79 (6,075 Views)

sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

When I click on the game packs - Outdoor Retreat and Jungle Adventure - my sims appear to be UNAVAILABLE TO TRAVEL (despite them not doing anything) and there is nothing in the game telling me that anything else is wrong with it. I can access the clothes and items and when I am in the worlds I can edit the houses, parks and campsites, but this is not the reason bought them and I was looking forward to unlocking the jungle...

This is starting to frustrate me as I have been on the EA Live Chat all morning trying to figure it out (Hours and hours) and they have been helpful to an extent: I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin, cleared my cache, restarted my PC AND tried it on a different PC account (Which said it couldn't open origin because it was open elsewhere - it wasn't).

I don't understand where I am going wrong? Any help would be much appreciated as the Live chat is currently unresponsive (It's been saying an agent is on the way for the last hour). Please help me Frown dont want my money to have gone down the drain!

Message 18 of 79 (5,839 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except a few stuff packs. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Friend Invites to hangout.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. I accept the invitation to go out or hangout and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? My sim traveling to another location/travel load screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but it happens without them turned on too
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading ECO Lifestyle.

Message 19 of 79 (6,021 Views)

★★ Novice

I don’t have either of those. I only use MCCC, but I removed all my mods and was still getting the same problem.

Message 20 of 79 (6,008 Views)