Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim swims under ground

by ImKersha

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I had the same bug in Sulani recently. Here are the screenshots:
(Even though the bug is kinda funny, I wish it was fixed because I'm afraid it might make the game lag/freeze or something like that. The less bugs - the better Standard smile)12-22-20_4-03-40 PM.pngmad in the sand 2.png

Message 11 of 23 (952 Views)

Bug: Swimming in the floor

★★★ Newbie

Sims4 bug:

Child swimming in the floor. 

Also happening: He is talking to a sibling who is standing on floor normally with him swimming as though in water.

Packs/Expansions: all except most kits

Message 12 of 23 (905 Views)

Re: Bug: Swimming in the floor

Hero
@kiwimonster12 Merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 23 (876 Views)

Sulani

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Latest update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Werewolves, My Wedding Stories, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim go from swimming to land in Sulani
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim appears to be swimming even though they are in land in Sulani. Sim glitches out and cannot move or complete actions
What do you expect to see? A smooth transition from swimming in the ocean to walking on land
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Image of glitch

Message 14 of 23 (835 Views)

Re: Sulani

EA Staff
@LilEmo1709

Hello!

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 23 (761 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This bug is extremely frequent in the Waterfront Lots. I encounter it all the time in Sulani. When I load a beach lot, the glitch usually happens when a sim jumps off the waterfront ladder and climb out of the water using the waterfront ladder. Might be worth playing Island Living to explore all the instances where this bug happens.

Merfolk that get stuck with a tail can swim through the ground.

Sims uisng the ladder by the water encounter this problem... Actually that's one thing I don't get. Merfolk can use pool ladders but not the waterfront ladders?

If there's a problem with sims swimming, I would start by looking at the code that makes merfolk "hidden." Merfolk have both a human and merform while swimming depending on the perspective of the household. It's the merwoke feature at work. I suspect it's also why merfolk can end up swimming wrong, they still do that by the way.

In the process of trying to hide merfolk, they might have created a number of bugs do to conflicts in the game's code. The merwoke feature doesn't even work properly as merfolk still swim with their merform regardless of whether or not a household is merwoke.

What I'm trying to say is that the release of Island Living also came with swimming bugs. Swimming through the ground is only one example. I've had celebrities walking on water for watcher's sake. 

I wonder if removing the merwoke feature would make a difference. Let merfolk have a merman or mermaid form in the water and swim like they are meant to. Let them use their human form on land. Don't try to have merfolk use their human form in the water... disguising merfolk just doesn't work very well. But, it's how merfolk swim in different ways, can and can't use ladders, and etc. that might be a place to replicate this bug. One of the pictures were of Iona even. She's a premade mermaid. I'm not sure the open world swim spots were even a thing in the Sims 4 before Island Living. So, the place I would look for the cause of the bug is Island Living.

-------------------------------------------------------
I'm a Volunteer. I do not work for EA.
-------------------------------------------------------
Message 16 of 23 (632 Views)

★ Guide

Seeing this same bug I have in Sims 3 replicated in 4 just gives me warm fuzzies.

Message 17 of 23 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello @Metior_Ice  and @sushicrow ,

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks!

Message 18 of 23 (1,904 Views)

★ Apprentice

I still have this issue, sim become swim on ground causing they autonomous using jumping diving board.

Message 19 of 23 (526 Views)

EA Sims Team
@zulf12_Ferdiana

Hello,

If you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!
Message 20 of 23 (469 Views)