[FIXED] Sim stuck at work/school (Patch 1.63.133/1.25)

by DJ_Strage

Original Post

Re: Sim Stuck at Home, But Appear like he's at work.

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Yeah, I know, I had her take the odd job after quitting the regular job where she was stuck and then she got stuck in the odd job, too, but I couldn't remove it cause I didn't know the cheat. The cheat works, though, gotta remember that one. Thanks!

She has been to work and back, and for now it works. Hopefully stays that way. Standard smile If she gets stuck again, at least now I know how to fix it. Although it would be nice to know why it happened at all.

Message 31 of 146 (2,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DJ_Strage Yeah, this your issue is different then mehbecca

This is a symptom of a bug and can have many causes Frown

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 146 (2,670 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict For what I've seen in 1.25 patches descriptions, it fixes several bugs, specially the one of Actor that made the sim won't go on the Set for movies, now it works because i did the actor and I'm on the set, maybe for fix that it corrupted something else on other jobs, because before 1.25 i never had such a bug like this, and got a long experience on this game like 5 years playing it 😅 i just think it was the 1.25 patch that caused it, anyway once i completed the acting on Set (i followed the sim and did tasks, didn't send him by himself) i got home and now didn't got the bug 😄 (gotta try next time by sending him alone 🤔)
Message 33 of 146 (2,658 Views)

Hero
@DJ_Strage Very possible. My actor is fine though. I've only played him very shortly though #aintgotnotimetoplay

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 146 (2,643 Views)

Sim “stuck” at work whilst at home (2020)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? FP01: 1.assets.live-fp01.154
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, both free packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sim has a job, goes to work, comes home and bug might happen where it appears sim is still at work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim goes to work, her work day ends, she will come home but the game registers her as still at work. She is in the house and I can make her do things, but she still has “at work” over her icon and it is greyed out as if she is at work. I also cannot access any socials or her inventory.
What do you expect to see? When a sim comes home from work the game registers them as at home, instead of still at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after very reason patch. The date of the patch was possibly the 4th June 2020.

I have a household of 5 sims and 1 cat. One of my sims has the bug where when she goes to work and her work day ends, she will come home but the game registers her as still at work. She is in the house and I can make her do things, but she still has “at work” over her icon and it is greyed out as if she is at work. I also cannot access any socials or her inventory. I’ve seen several posts about this from 2014, 2018 and 2019. I have tried everything in those threads, including making her travel, making her go back to work and then selecting “leave work early” (worked once) and saving, quitting the game, reloading and then selecting “leave work early”. The only one that worked once was making her go to work and then leaving early, but it was temporary. Next time she went to work, she had same bug. The only suggestion I did not try is to create a copy of the household and play new copy, where I will lose all progress. I’m unwilling to do that after many days of gameplay. 

Message 35 of 146 (2,655 Views)

Re: Sim “stuck” at work whilst at home (2020)

Hero
@laurenjones2609 Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 146 (2,613 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I was wondering whether this has started happening for other people too since that patch, I guess it has. Just gonna put out there, quitting the job does work temporarily. You quit the job but you still have “work hard” etc options available, to fix that you travel with another sim from the household, leaving the bugged sim at home, and then you are able to select “leave work early” on the bugged sim and the little icon will go away, putting them back to normal. BUT as soon as you (or in my experience anyway) join the same career again, the first day you go to work the bug comes back. I have not tried choosing another job rather than the same one, but I suspect it would still happen from what I’ve read on older threads. I also didn’t want to lose the job I have (Social Media) as I’m at rank 8. But until this is fixed... it looks like I’m going to have to make the bugged sim jobless and get her writing skill up to write books.

Message 37 of 146 (2,585 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm getting the same issue.

My sim just got promoted, came home, went to the gym and then boom the bug appeared.

The other sim in the same household is perfectly fine.

I've read this thread and the thread where this happened back in 2014 and attempted all the solutions mentioned but no luck.
She isn't even going to work anymore, so the bug doesn't even fix/reset itself.

Message 38 of 146 (2,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Windows 10
Which language are you playing the game in? English - American
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%) *with special promotion
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in a career that triggers a special event that gives promotion + fame, accept.
What happens when the bug occurs? You accept the promotion+fame event, wait to end of work shift. The sim physically returns from work after the shift at the correct time, but according to the UI they remain "at work".  They are controllable.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to just return from work at the end of the shift, and the UI to reflect that.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None, and since I recently rebuilt computer it is also a fresh clean install!
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It started my first game back playing, so no.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I created my first game in the new install after the Eco content drop.

Seems to be, with me, that the special promotion type is the trigger. I have restarted the save 2x and each time it happens. I have a save right after it happened and one from about 15 minutes before it happened this time. Though I can't be sure the event will trigger again if started from the save before as it is a special, random one.

And this time, a save and reload cleared his "at work" status. But maybe a reliable trigger will help debug?

Message 39 of 146 (2,488 Views)

Stuck at work bug

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all add on packs and content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The first time it happened with an odd job and part time job. The second time it occurred with a full time job lvl 8 in athletics after being promoted at work from a question activity.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim couldn't clear the odd job and even after adding her in and out of the household, moving, quitting and getting new jobs it still says shes always at work. So I cannot access inventory, follow her on camera, or use the reward store. Now her daughter is getting the same thing - post university at lvl 8 of the athletic career with no odd jobs. I have only experienced this bug after getting eco lifestyle and the update. Both sims are unusable still so please fix soon! I want to keep playing! Standard smile
What do you expect to see? I expect that they will be at home when at home, and not greyed out at work when home. Instead they have both been greyed out after doing everything I could think to do.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recent Patch and Eco Lifestyle

When I click the icon for the working type (work hard, slack off etc..) I can't change the work mode either. As you can see, the sim is at home but it says shes still at work, it has been 4 - 2 week long - seasons since this error occurred in game and never changed. 

Message 40 of 146 (2,539 Views)