Re: Sim “stuck” at work whilst at home (2020)

by koba_sue

Original Post

Re: Stuck at work bug

Hero
@kaithelegend5248 To be sure, it's two different Sim that had the issue, one at odd job and another at full ? Or was it the same Sim that got double stuck after already been stuck at the odd job ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 146 (1,187 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been having this issue occur with more than one family too but when I last posted on it, I got lumped into another issue post and it seemed to be forgotten about

Message 42 of 146 (1,169 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@pigletray73 Just figuring out where to move this into

Are you still having the 134 as well ?

Does the leave early suggestion or quitting not work for you ? Do they still newly get stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 146 (1,165 Views)

Stuck in "at work" status

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to work. Get promoted or be informed of events downtown.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim comes home and is suspended in a work state where portrait is grayed out and social options are limited and inventory is inaccessible.
What do you expect to see? The state to return to normal after returning from work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've tried resetsim as well as debug cheats. I've tried visiting different lots. I've tried adding an additional sim and doing the same. I've tried "Leave Work Early" option.

The only thing that works is to quit my job and start over. But that only lasts about a workday or two before the issue happens again.

My Save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0OUbMeIuyl3Z7cnm7xpSYd6lTa9q2Yv/view?usp=sharing

Message 44 of 146 (1,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello! (^-^)

I have the problem since yesterday. My Sim was a student and worked a job as well. But at some point he could not attend the classes at university anymore. After quitting University he could not go to work. And after changing his job he still could not go to work.

It is a new save and I tried to reset the Sim with the cheat, moved the sim in and out his appartment but nothing did work. His icon is grey.

UPDATE: I moved a Sim into the household. The icon is not grey anymore but the first Sim still does not go to work.

Message 45 of 146 (1,130 Views)

Re: Stuck in "at work" status

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@skyfalcon1209Something that also worked: I took a random family from the map, edited the problematic sim's household, swapped the members between the problematic household (1 sim) and the random targeted household (Roomies household in this case), evicted the random family which now just had my broken sim in it, then swapped the two sides back from the family not yet in map. This seemed to be a workaround from straight up evicting my sim and losing all furniture etc. This seems to be a more thorough fix than quitting since the "Work Normally" icon never left my sim's portrait when quitting.

EDIT: Just kidding, this doesn't seem very consistent at all.

Message 46 of 146 (1,166 Views)

Hero
@koba_sue Did your Sim got to work from a non-Uni lot when he first got stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 146 (1,204 Views)

Re: Stuck in "at work" status

Hero
@skyfalcon1209 Since you said you tried the leave work early option, I take it he has a little work icon still ? It's not just a greyed out icon ?

Did your workaround actually make them go back to work again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 146 (1,123 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I am sorry but I do not remember that. (>-<)
Message 49 of 146 (1,194 Views)

Hero
@koba_sue But she's stuck at work and not stuck at class ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 146 (1,179 Views)