by LonelyFew

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] Sim becomes caterer

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except my first pet stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, and kids room stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on hire specific caterer
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I hire a specific caterer my sim becomes the caterer. It still charges me $100 every time and for each food item she cooks.
What do you expect to see? The sims I hired
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Removed all CC and it still doesn't work.

Caterer not working

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 4 of 31 (5,167 Views)
Highlighted

Caterer Glitch

★ Guide

Every time I hire a caterer, my sim changes outfits and becomes the caterer....

Message 1 of 31 (5,189 Views)

Re: Caterer Glitch

Hero

Hi @LonelyFew

haven't hear of that one.

Are you using any custom content or mods in your game ? If so, have you tried without for testing purposes ? Are you ever given the option to hire a specific caterer or do you just hire a random one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (5,167 Views)

★ Guide
There is no option to choose a random caterer I have to hire a specific one. I removed my cc and and it still doesn’t work. My sim still becomes the caterer.
Message 3 of 31 (5,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @LonelyFew

I merged your posts into one.

Have you tried a fresh save or different household to see if that has the same issue ? Also, does the same happen for  the party or just when you use the fridge option (the fridge option does seem a bit bugged as the normal caterer one is missing, as you said.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 31 (5,127 Views)

★ Guide
I started a new save completely and now the caterer option is completely gone.
Message 6 of 31 (5,108 Views)

Hero
Yeah, I think if you're referring to the one on the fridge, that's very wonky.

Here's the thread on that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Caterers-chefs-option-not-available/td-p/6441170/jump-t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 31 (5,081 Views)

Hero
Going to hold off with further testing on this until after today's patch.

Currently I can't duplicate the error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (5,041 Views)

Hero

@LonelyFew

as the other issue with the caterer was solved in today's patch, could you retest this.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (5,016 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue. Every time I choose hire caterer my Sim becomes the caterer.

Message 10 of 31 (4,755 Views)