by CommanderJakkx

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Sim becomes Pregnant without me doing anything

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a household with two sims engaged or married to each other alone for a short time
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim became pregnant without me doing anything
What do you expect to see? My sim should not become pregnant without my consent. I should have control over when my sims have a family. And since the "remove all buffs" cheat doesn't work anymore, I now have to waste time having the baby and then deleting it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Story progression was added

My sim became pregnant. It says "from trying for baby" but I never had them try for baby. I suspect it has to do with the new story progression. But this sim never asked any of my other sims if she should try to have a baby. This is one of my most played households and I only left them alone for a short time. This shouldn't happen to one of my played households.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 39 (22,855 Views)

Re: Sim becomes Pregnant without me doing anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If your Sim “discuss expending family” with a Love interest it can happen that you have a miracle pregnancy. The game doesn’t filter played sims and unplayed sims. It’s the same bug/feature as the ring in the bag scenario just you don’t have the call.

More have this problem, especially in reddit/sims4 you can read this often. 83Bienchen have made a mod (Autonomy Mods -> neighborhoodstories), if you use mods I would recommended to use her mod until the team fix all this bugs/feature with played sims and story progress. If you don’t use mods, just dont use this social interaction.

Message 2 of 39 (22,798 Views)

★★ Novice
@daikoyu I'm 99.9% sure I didn't even use that interaction before she got pregnant. For now, I just went into CAS and made it so she cannot get pregnant until I decide for them to have children. Hopefully, that works. If not, I'll give that mod a try. Thank you.
Message 3 of 39 (22,717 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 39 (22,315 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim becomes Pregnant without me doing anything

★★★★★ Guide

This bug is actually FAR worse than what OP has described. It creates babies in the situations where IT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE POSSIBLE. Like this one:

Untitled.jpg

Yes, the father was dead LONG BEFORE this "child" was born. He is a playable ghost married to a vampire and it shouldn't be technically possible for him to make his wife pregnant!! Fix this asap!

Message 5 of 39 (21,718 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Sim becomes Pregnant without me doing anything

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I just had a similar issue.

My sims mother asked if she and her husband should try for a baby and i chose the option for them to try for a baby. So they had the (one) baby. She calls my sim again and asks if she should try for another baby and i say NO, one sibling is enough. A few days later I visit their household and lo and behold, they had a second baby! Why did they have another baby when I specifically told them not to have another one? Can sims decide to "disobey" my choice?

Message 6 of 39 (21,696 Views)

sim randomly becomes pregnant

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open a save and play as a sim that can get pregnant. possibly needs to have recently had a baby as mine had one the last time i played.
What happens when the bug occurs? a sim that had not tried for baby or whoohooed will suddenly become pregnant.
What do you expect to see? i expect my sim to not be pregnant when they have not done anything that would get them pregnant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was the patch that was released on/around the 17th of February 2022.

so far, i have only seen it happen once, and that was the first time opening the game since the patch. I have been playing it today and so far, she has not gotten randomly pregnant. MCC risky whoohoo is on, but i haven't had them whoohoo since conceiving their last children, so i don't think it would be that. also, bypass played households is enabled, so there shouldn't be an issue with that either. there was one other person who stated they had this glitch too, and didn't have mods, so I do believe it's a patch issue.

Message 7 of 39 (21,415 Views)

Re: sim randomly becomes pregnant

★ Guide

Something similar happened to me on console (XBox Series S). The Sim had already given birth an in-game day before and the game had been saved before starting up and having the Sim announce they were pregnant. 

Message 8 of 39 (21,382 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This doesn’t have anything to do with the “Talk about extending family” interaction does it? I know that can instigate a pregnancy. 

Message 9 of 39 (21,327 Views)

Hero
@247Mitzy and you were playing the family the entire time or could it be related tot he neighborhood stories ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 39 (21,313 Views)