Re: Sim not completing writing a book

by Reekyteek

Original Post

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? German
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat (and Free Holiday Stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Persists in my save game, not sure how to provoke it
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim sits down in front of computer then the activity disappears from their list and shortly after they stand up to do something else 
What do you expect to see? Sim sitting down and then starting to continue writing the book as told to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, custom content. But the bug persists after copying the save game into a fresh Sims 4 folder
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

not sure if you already got a save game, I will send one to you!

Message 11 of 93 (2,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discovery University, Eco Lifestyle, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Perfect Patio, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling Night, Toddler, Laundry Day, Moschino, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on computer and either "write genre" or "resume writing" a book or "write column".
What happens when the bug occurs? The action appears in the sim's queue and then disappears.
What do you expect to see? The sim to sit down and start writing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am having this issue as well.  My sim is in the writing career and trying to fulfill that aspiration, another is in the critic career.  Bug occurred for both sims in household after they got midway up the writing skill--maybe level 6 or so.  Clicking directly on the computer, the sim doesn't sit down and the action disappears from their queue.  As suggested in some other treads, I've tried selling and buying new computers, as well as putting the computer in my inventory and putting it back.  Neither worked for me.  The only work around I've found is to command the sim to sit at the computer, watch them as they sit, and as soon as they do, SOMETIMES I can get them to write (but sometimes the command also disappears then too).  I've also tried repairing game and updating through origin (it said I was already fully updated).  I thought this was supposed to have been fixed?  Would you like for me to send you my save?

Message 12 of 93 (2,224 Views)

Hero
@MaeveZeru Thank you. Will try your save tomorrow.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 93 (2,259 Views)

★ Guide

this only just started happening to me. It's not just resuming writing a book. Sometimes my sim won't start writing either. 

Message 14 of 93 (2,241 Views)

Sim cant write books at home.

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP but eco lifestyle. all but starwars outdoor reteat and spa day. Moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start writing a book on a pc or laptop at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to write a new book the ui box asking for the name of the book and more info on it will pop up. After that the sim will just sit there and do nothing. The pc/laptop is act like a sim it writing. This bug doesnt happen on public lots.
What do you expect to see? The sims should write the book.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

My spell caster sim cant write books at home. She has no summond familiar and buying a new pc doesnt fix it. This bug doesnt happen on public lots like a libary.

Message 15 of 93 (2,206 Views)

Re: Sim cant write books at home.

Hero
@JimmyJam17 Do you have multiple things on the desk next to the computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 93 (2,189 Views)

★★ Novice

No but i do have shelfs above the table. Its also a micro home if that helps. Ill move the desk around and see if that changes anything.

Message 17 of 93 (2,186 Views)

Hero
@JimmyJam17 Yeah, try removing that shelf to see if it makes a difference.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 93 (2,159 Views)

★★ Novice

It looks like it was a plate on the table... I'm not sure why. My sim can do everything else on the pc with the plate there.

Message 19 of 93 (2,149 Views)

Hero
@JimmyJam17 I think there's some weirdness going on with objects on the table next to the computer generally. I need to do some more testing on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 93 (2,143 Views)