Weird screens

by Jagged_Dark-fang

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Scenario button on main menu says 'OK', unable to click out?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? n/a
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a
What happens when the bug occurs? n/a
What do you expect to see? n/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I go to the main menu on Sims 4, the scenarios button is listed as "OK". When I click on it, it says "TITLETITLETITLE" and is completely blank - I'm unable to click out of it? I have to force quit my game to be able to go back in because I just simply can't click out of it.

EDIT: Filled in form with blank so I can edit first post. Answers don't necessarily represent the OPs settings

Message 1 of 9 (2,901 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Scenario button on main menu says 'OK', unable to click out?

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Today's patch may have fixed this.  If anyone is still seeing this after patching, let us know.

PC: 1.91.186.1030 / Mac: 1.91.186.1230   

Console: Version 1.63

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (1,305 Views)

All Replies

Re: Scenario button on main menu says 'OK', unable to click out?

Champion (Retired)

@lusience 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (2,774 Views)

Weird screens

★ Novice

Ehm.. I'm not quite sure whats causing this, I can't click on the green okay, but when I click on the white it just pops up with an empty window saying "titletitletitle" I do have mods installed but I can't find the problem mod so I just assumed it wasn't a mod? Game essentially all looks like this and usually wont actually play when you click on it, will just lock you into the create a sim screen. I'm not quite sure what else to do right now, its quite bizarre 

Message 3 of 9 (2,347 Views)

Re: Weird screens

Hero (Retired)

@Jagged_Dark-fang If you remove the mods does the game play correctly?

Message 4 of 9 (2,314 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem, have you figured out a solution yet? I’ve combed through all of my mods and can’t seem to find the one that’s causing the glitch

Message 5 of 9 (2,677 Views)

@liagc296  This kind of issue is almost always due to a mod that affects the user interface, e.g. UI Cheats, or one of TwistedMexi's mods.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (2,649 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @lusience,

Could you please fill out the Bug Report template so we can investigate this properly?

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:
Which language are you playing the game in?
How often does the bug occur?
What is your current game version number?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
What happens when the bug occurs?
What do you expect to see?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
EACade
Message 7 of 9 (2,131 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where you've seen it occur? You can DM me the link to your save, thanks so much!

Instructions for sharing your save: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (1,912 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Today's patch may have fixed this.  If anyone is still seeing this after patching, let us know.

PC: 1.91.186.1030 / Mac: 1.91.186.1230   

Console: Version 1.63

Message 9 of 9 (1,306 Views)