Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Save Code Error: 0

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Save file completely gone. Not able to recover it. PS4.

★★★ Pro

@KukySim Somehow your save file got corrupted most likely caused by the auto save so it would have deleted it your other saves should be safe to open.

Message 51 of 421 (2,318 Views)

EA Sims Team

@KukySim 

Would you be willing to share with me your save files, so the team can look at them?

Instructions on how to share files are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 52 of 421 (2,340 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, this started happening to me yesterday on Xbox... Not the first time a patch has come out that crashed my game repeatedly, but it is the first time it also deleted my saves! Wtf! The wedding pack reviews has been awful, and it definitely started happening after I did a normal wedding (I don't have the new pack). It's been so weird because it will save, then go a couple hours without me being able to, then if I go to world select sometimes it'll work, but sometimes I have to travel to save... I'm on gen 9 of just a legacy challenge... I'm so close to finishing it and this has been just been nerve-wracking thinking I could lose everything.

Message 53 of 421 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Thank you to everyone that has shared saves or information thus far.

Unfortunately, the team has had a difficult time pinpointing when the save becomes corrupted.

For anyone encountering this issue, have you played with any wedding cakes from the Wedding pack?  If so, can you describe how you used the wedding cake during your play?

EDIT: We are still looking for affected, unmodded saves, if you're willing to share them. (Whether wedding cakes were used or not.)

Instructions on how to share saves are here:

[INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team - Answer HQ

Also, any information about what occurred in your game before the error occurred may be helpful.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 421 (8,680 Views)

Re: Game Failed to Save: Error 0

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@SimQARoboI can send the save folder as I back up to Google drive but is there much point if I have got rid of all the affected/corrupted saves?

I've been avoiding using the calendar or doing any of the wedding activities/having weddings and it has been behaving normally.

If I get a corrupted save again I'll forward the link for you.

Edit to add: I've had the spoiled wedding cakes when I actually have managed one wedding but it seems to corrupt in the planning process in my game.  When I've tried to access the calendar to edit the wedding event or just before a wedding was due to start.

Message 55 of 421 (2,654 Views)

Re: Save file completely gone. Not able to recover it. PS4.

★★★ Novice

The same! This error compared One week ago.

I Lost My saved, It s desappeared. Console has the save but when i open the game there isn't! 

I m angry I was at the 8th generation...this problem appears After the last patch and my wedding stories. 

Message 56 of 421 (2,639 Views)

Re: Game Failed to Save: Error 0

EA Sims Team
@MishaButton Thanks for the info. If you do encounter the issue again, it would helpful if you could share everything in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\ folder

Message 57 of 421 (2,787 Views)

Re: Save Code Error: 0 (MAC)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! I play on console ps5 so I dont have mods! This error compared After last patch and mws. I tried to save but I Lost my save..I m very angry! ...😡 

Message 58 of 421 (2,769 Views)

Re: Save Code Error: 0 (MAC)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimQARobo Hi! Did you figure out what was wrong with my save yet?
Message 59 of 421 (2,683 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes I have!

Message 60 of 421 (2,682 Views)