Re: [OPEN] [SSP] [S] Spooky Stuff Costumes Not Recognized As Costumes

by paulapg89

Original Post

Re: Costumes from Spooky Stuff seems to not be working in any scenario

Hero
@aidreaurel Merged your post with existing threads.

Judging by the version number you gave, your game is not fully updated though. Please update it as well (this bug won't be solved by it but reports must always be on the newest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 38 (1,311 Views)

Re: Costumes from Spooky Stuff seems to not be working in any scenario

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also have this issue in my game.

My Sim autonomously changed into a costume because a Spooky Party started, but his costume was not recognized as the "wear costume" tradition.

Gruselparty-mark.jpg

Also, many costumes are not shown in the costume list, e.g. the robot costume. This is very irritating, especially as there is a costume filter option in CAS.

I think, all the CAS costumes should count as costumes in the game (for a Spooky Party and for the "Wear Costume" tradition).

Costume-3.jpg

Message 22 of 38 (1,276 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just found out the robot costume we got in an update cant be used either. 

Message 23 of 38 (1,240 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@line123462 Its a shame the game doesn't pull from the outfit selection rather than the costume interactions. That way you could assign something as Party or maybe even a new costume option and then pick it that way. Even odder is that the game clearly can filter outfits by costumes but can't select them like it can the other outfits.
Message 24 of 38 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except Eco Life Style and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click “Wear a costume” on an active sim, or stand on the Wondrous Wardrobe Platform when you have a Spooky Party or just in general during the Spooktacular Holiday. The only costumes available are from the base game, none from the Spooky Stuff pack. The bug seems to happen primarily when trying to satisfy the holiday “Wear a Costume” tradition, and doesn't 'fix' if you plan a party with your sims during the Holiday. I tried the Spooky Party event in a random day without any holiday and was able to wear costumes from Spooky Stuff. 
What happens when the bug occurs? During the Spooktacular day holiday the only costume options are those from the base game, nothing from the Spooky Stuff Pack. Which is really annoying for the kids in particular since you can only select Yoda, or Sausage. (Even the toddlers have slightly better costume options. Wish they had more though) 
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to access the costumes from the Spooky Stuff pack during the Spooktacular Holiday, as well as any of those from Get Famous in the wear a Costume menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Nope. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I can't remember when it first occurred. But it's been going on for a while.

Message 25 of 38 (1,093 Views)

★ Guide

I have this issue too, too bad i can't use the spooky stuff CAS Disappointed

Message 26 of 38 (940 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This issue continues to happen. I threw a spooky party and most of the guest showed up with base game costumes, most of them star wars related one. If i selected the option to wear costumes, the spooky stuff ones didnt appear as options. I had to create a party outfit with the costume i wanted them to wear and change them to that. It didnt count towards the Wear Costume tradition but at least they looked different from one another

Message 27 of 38 (885 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @paulapg89 @Palgoons 

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 38 (869 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is what i mean, the costumes options in the menu are all for the base game ones. It would be great if the Spooky Stuff options could be added once someone gets the pack. When throwing a spooky party, everyone comes dressed in costume and that way you might get one or two people in the Spooky Stuff ones, but for the tradition to count in the holiday you have to make them change into one of the regulars, no matter what they are wearing.
(my game is in spanish but these are all base game options)

Message 29 of 38 (767 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [SSP] [S] Spooky Stuff Costumes Not Recognized As Costumes

★ Guide

I hope this bug can be fixed soon

Message 30 of 38 (444 Views)