Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [SE] Youth Festival Always Gives Kids No Blessing Sentiment

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to youth festival with a kid
What happens when the bug occurs? After the youth festival is over
What do you expect to see? Even if you absolutely make sure that a kid gets blessed at the festival, afterwards they will develop "hurt" sad moodlets (seems to be towards other kids) that they didn't get a blessing at the festival.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Expansion install

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 27 (5,910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Youth Festival Always Gives Kids No Blessing Sentiment

Hero

Child Sims will no longer get the Unblessed sentiment after getting Blessed at the Youth Festival. Children should only get the Unblessed sentiment if they ask Yamachan about a Voidcritter Hunt and also avoid getting the Blessing of Youth from an Adult Sim as well. #Blessed

Fixed in Patch 1.73.48/ 1.40

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (4,701 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@orokkevalo Have you bought Paper Kabuto and worn hat from the vending machine?

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 4.18.35 PM.jpg

Message 2 of 27 (5,823 Views)

Hero
@orokkevalo Did all family members bless the kid ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 27 (5,800 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DizzyDee-K No, but it wouldn't really make sense for this to cause them not have a blessing? If that is by design it's not very logical.
Message 4 of 27 (5,797 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I didn't think that was necessary... I had the mom bless all the kids, but then after the festival they were all angry/sad about being unblessed, even towards the mom who blessed them. Does everyone have to bless everyone? That seems excessive just to avoid negative moodlets, especially when they can turn into grudges!
Message 5 of 27 (5,796 Views)

Hero
@orokkevalo I haven't had the chance to test this but that might be the cause yes.

Not sure if that's a bug tough or not.

Can you try if it makes a difference ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (5,793 Views)

★ Pro
@orokkevalo I need to test a family with more than one child. Getting the hat seemed to do the trick for Gideon.
Message 7 of 27 (5,779 Views)

★★ Guide
I had two kids at the festival. Both got blessed by mom, but only one bought and wore the hat. No bad sentiments.

I just saw on Twitter that someone had bought the hat during the last festival, but didn't wear it the second time and got negative sentiments
Message 8 of 27 (5,595 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@orokkevalo Did you get a chance to test with the hat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (5,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. My Sim child only has one parent in the household.

I gave the kid the hat and after that the youth blessing when they were at the festival; It said that the child had the blessing and she received a happy sentiment.

But when they came home it was gone and replaced by the angry one which said she didn't get a blessing.

So, for me it didn't work.

What also doesn't always properly work are the Sims profiles. It doesn't show anything, only their basic information or it just doesn't show up at all. Except for the music.

Message 10 of 27 (5,446 Views)