[FIXED] [SE] Yamachan bursting into homes

by nataliepye

Original Post

Re: [WORKAROUND] [SE] Yamachan bursting into homes

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. Also, for me disabling visits doesn't work at all, he still comes. What I find worst isn't even all those cakes he tries to make. He'll come from somewhere 3 miles away and BLOCK YOUR FRIDGE until he finally gets there to grab his baking materials.. So whenever your sim refuses to access the fridge, you have to pause the game, search the whole neighbourhood for the snow-grinch and disrupt his action. This is also the only solution I found that works..

Could you not -please-please- add an option to doors to lock them for Yamachan? I don't mind him running around the neighbourhood, but I don't want him in my kitchen..

Message 21 of 95 (2,780 Views)

Re: Yamachan

★★★ Apprentice

Same Yamachan is making Snowy Escape unplayable.  

Message 22 of 95 (2,752 Views)

NPCs and Yamachan entering homes in Snowy Escape cook, sleep and never leave...

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020(64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a home in any of the Snowy Escape neighborhoods. After a time npcs and that horrible Yamachan will begin entering your home. There is no way to get them to leave. I thought at first it qas Yamachan only but now it is any NPC.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPCs and Yamachan enter the home and do not leave. They cook most often for me it is the destressimg concoction from the herbalism skill. Then they use computers and go to bed.
What do you expect to see? Randos should not enter a sim home and begin cooking or sleeping in beds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I purchased Snowy Escape and the pack is a nightmare seems like it could be fun if the bugs get fixed in future patches.

The NPCs and Yamachan entering homes uninvited in all neighborhoods of Snowy Escape is making the game unplayable.  The game should be fun for people who want to play the game, not just builders who never have Sim game play. This is painfully ridiculous considering how expensive the game is if like myself a player has purchased ever expansion stuff pack and game pack. I should have a game I can play without stress like the Sims, Sims 2, or Sims 3. Please stop releasing additional content until it actually works.

Message 23 of 95 (2,747 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@aiichi382 Same to me. He comes anytime, half-baking white cakes and leave with no interactions...
Message 24 of 95 (2,684 Views)

★★ Apprentice

There is no actual functioning work around for most players. This is super frustrating and a little creepy that this kids mascot just wanders everywhere. Honestly, it should only show up for the festivals.

Message 25 of 95 (2,657 Views)

Unwanted Yamachan Visits

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover university, Island living, Get famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City living, Get together, Get to work, Realm of magic, Strangerville, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Spa day, Outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living stuff pack, Moschino, my first pet stuff, laundry day, toddler, fitness, bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play snowy escape in a residential lot (with house and sim that lives there)
What happens when the bug occurs? Yamachan comes in my house and turns on the stereo to dance. Doesn't leave either. Other sims come in as well but less often as Yamachan. Disabling Yamachan visits doesnt work it automatically re-enables on its own and locks dont keep him/her out.
What do you expect to see? No sim or mascot should come in my house and disabling yamachan should keep them from spawning and stay disabled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Snowy Escape

Don't have any screen shots on my phone. Please help me. 

Message 26 of 95 (2,648 Views)

Re: NPCs and Yamachan entering homes in Snowy Escape cook, sleep and never leave

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I also have both Yamachan and random NPCs entering my Sim's house. The lot is on Wakaba, on Mt. Komorebi.

Yamachan usually comes in, goes to the grill in my backyard, and makes that destressing thing from herbalism. NPCs will go to a bathroom any sink and serve a glass of water. I click my Sim whenever I see them, to see if there's a "Send Everybody Home" option, but there never is. And if I shift + click the sim to reset it, they just reset in the same spot, they don't leave the house. So I have no other choice but to wait for them to leave on their own.

Message 27 of 95 (2,601 Views)

Re: NPCs and Yamachan entering homes in Snowy Escape cook, sleep and never leave

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Try making one of traits for the lot as "Private Dwelling". I always do that with rental lots now. Otherwise random Sims will just show up all the time for the most part and come in the house. I had a big problem like this in Selvadorada. Even if it's not a rental, it should hopefully fix the problem because this also used to happen in Sulani before we had the option to make rental lots there. You could also lock all the doors too and only allow specific Sims to leave and come back.

Message 28 of 95 (2,566 Views)

Hero

Had a chat with Yamachan and asked if he was ok, he seemed to start random conversations and then randomly say goodbye without reason. We are happy to report that he is OK now and will try not to do that. Give us a hug Yamachan.

Can I get some feedback if that solves the Yamachan in homes issue or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 95 (2,545 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately Yamachan is still invading my home, and stealing my harvests.

Message 30 of 95 (2,523 Views)